Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working in the Memphis area I'm noticing more things about the riders than I did before I set my mind on getting into it. There seems to be a lot more camaraderie than expected, even if two riders are wearing different....for lack of a better term (and it's Memphis) wearing different Set's colors. I haven't seen it yet but is there much friction between the racer bikers vs cruisers?

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Never had any friction with any sport bikers. I just watch them fly around me balz out and ride on. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have no issues with sport bikes. I appreciate and respect the bike. As it's designed for speed and my want/goal is to cruise, I never had interest in that.
With that said, when I ride and see a crotch rocket coming, I have no issues waving at them. Good people! Unless they ride like assholes, but anybody can do that regardless of vehicle!

Regarding colours tho...are you talking about patches? like someones cut from an MC?
I wouldn't think so unless you're a 1%er...but even then, I'm not totally sure...any 1%ers here that could elaborate? :-D

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
ABATE is ALL Bikers!!!

I appreciate all Bikes, I even enjoy it whenever one comes by me on the rear wheel :D

To each their own,
D

No Clash here!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I appreciate all Bikes, I even enjoy it whenever one comes by me on the rear wheel :grin:
I'll do ya one better! I even wave to motor scooters!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

No reason for an "Us vs. them" attitude!

All joking aside, this was my two-wheeler before my Shadow.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I always get a wave from them. There is an all black rough looking sport bike MC that wears leather and colors, and I usually get a wave from them too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't noticed much with the patches but it's more like similar outfits. A few guys in all leathers with German style helmets vs the single handed riders in t shirts.

And 1%er? Dude, more like .01%er ;)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
There are many of us here ( yes? ) that ride both sport and cruisers. Take me for example. I do, on occasion, take notice of what type machine a rider who doesn't respond to my wave is riding. ( At my age you gotta create these little distractions to keep your mind sharp -- as if riding a motorcycle wasn't enough. )

What I've discovered is that I get less response from the HD rider than the rest, whether I'm on the sport or cruiser. No idea why. Just what I've discovered. In my Harley days I didn't often wave to others simply because waaay back then they ( at least my HD ) vibrated so much if I took a hand off the bar I might not be here now typing this.

All in all it's a friendly bunch'a biker folk. I give 'em all a wave. They're as adventurous as me regardless of the ride. ;-)

·
Registered
607 Posts
not much difference in responces from type/brand to type/brand that i've much noticed. last summer i had the slightest bit of wondering what i might be getting into when i rode through a gathering group of bikers from some club that acted for a second like they wouldn't let me through, then they did. seemed odd, but i just went on my way.

the most blatant, almost pointed "i'm not going to wave or even acknowlegde you" moments have been from harley riders, but that's still a very, very, very low percentage of the total as most wave.

and there's still the odd for me thing where only once have i gotten a wave back from someone on an adventure type bike. still not sure what that's about.

but i just got a harley, and i'd love to add an adventure bike to the stable in the (somewhat distant) future, so i may decide y'all aren't worth waving at later.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Working in the Memphis area I'm noticing more things about the riders than I did before I set my mind on getting into it. There seems to be a lot more camaraderie than expected, even if two riders are wearing different....for lack of a better term (and it's Memphis) wearing different Set's colors. I haven't seen it yet but is there much friction between the racer bikers vs cruisers?
The thing is, We are all Brothers in the Wind!
You can tell a happy biker by the BUGS in their teeth.:mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts