Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a "Run-Turn-Break" wiring module from my local chrome shop and i was wondering if anyone has installed this before? Its from Kuryakin.
Any helpful hints or ideas to make it go smoother than it should is much appreciated. I'll be doing this project tomorrow afternoon since there is no football to watch. I'm also looking for a wiring diagram for a reference.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I went a slightly different way with my lights, but assuming the 1999 is the same as my 2002, you have green=ground, brown= running (both taillight and license light) orange and light blue=turnsignals (I THINK orange is left and blue is right), and green with yellow stripe=brake light. hope this helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wiring

thanks......that helped. 40 minutes later it was done.....now to get red lenses.

·
Registered
162 Posts
silvershadow55 said:
I went a slightly different way with my lights, but assuming the 1999 is the same as my 2002, you have green=ground, brown= running (both taillight and license light) orange and light blue=turnsignals (I THINK orange is left and blue is right), and green with yellow stripe=brake light. hope this helps.
Silly question, do you guys think I would be safe just tapping into the above highlighted wires if I want to add a couple of small running lights...

·
Registered
286 Posts
[quote="opipe]
Silly question, do you guys think I would be safe just tapping into the above highlighted wires if I want to add a couple of small running lights...[/quote]
This is exactly what I did, however I REPLACED all my existing lights with LED as well as ADDING more LED lights. If the lights you are adding are LED you should not have a problem, but if you are adding incandescents you will need to make sure you are not overloading the circuits, as bulbs draw much more power than LEDs. If you are going to all LEDs as I did you will probably need to add load resistors in parallel, but if you are adding LEDs in addition to your current incandescents you will not. Make sense? Let me know if you have more questions. Also, it's not much work to solder every connection instead of using those silly connectors supplied with the kits, and makes a much better join.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the info,
I was just thinking about a couple of Incandesect bulds....you know the ones that replace License plate bolts....?
They are not big at all.
I was going to tap 2 into the running circut, and 2 into the brake light circuit.
I don't think it will be too much of a load, Do you??

·
Registered
286 Posts
opipe said:
Thanks for the info,
I was just thinking about a couple of Incandesect bulds....you know the ones that replace License plate bolts....?
They are not big at all.
I was going to tap 2 into the running circut, and 2 into the brake light circuit.
my guess is: probably not, but you'd have to add up the load to be certain.

·
Registered
162 Posts
silvershadow55 said:
opipe said:
Thanks for the info,
They are not big at all.
my guess is: probably not, but you'd have to add up the load to be certain.
is it wattage + wattage, or amps +amps???
forgive my newbeeness when it comes to electical... :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts