Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'K, back riding after 25 yr absence...these d*@n red light triggers are ticking me off. Sometimes I roll forward and wave the cage behind me to move up and trigger that light. Othertimes, I check and then run the light. And I don't like running them, but what are the alternatives?:mad:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Try one of these
Trigger Info
One was on my bike when I bought it and I've never had a problem. Can't say for sure this gizmo is the reason. I think other members have 'em maybe they'll chime in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Check your local state laws. In Minnesota it is Legal to procede through a red light if a couple of conditions have been met. First, you have waited an "acceptable" amount of time and second, there are no other vehicles in your path of travel or you or those vehicles do not pose an immediate threat as the result of the action. Now "acceptable" amount of time is up to you, and possibly the police officer that pulls you over for running the red.
As I have heard most officers will not bother you but this "law" gives riders a legal defense in case an officer does pull you over and ticket you.

just my 2c worth.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
Eh.... After waiting while the light cycles a few times, go through it......

·
Registered
839 Posts
If there's no traffic, and the light's not changing, go on through.

If there is traffic, i get off and press the pedestrian crosswalk button.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Those are yield signs in my book.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts