Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok about 4 days ago on my way home from work I got caught in downpours of rain. I ride a 85 honda shadow vt500c. I made it home with no problems other than being soaking wet. Well the next day I went to ride my bike to work and it seems like it lost power. If I pull on the throttle it falls on its face. If I gradually accelerate and I mean slowly it will pick up speed and go through the gears. While driving down the road it can maintain speed or gradually lose speed until you flutter the accelerator and find the sweet spot again. From tak

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
172 Posts
I'm just curious... how does an air filter element get soaked with water? Is that something with the VT500c, or is this a common problem with bikes in downpours?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok new plugs and air filter. I put seafoam in the fuel. It doesn't seem to fall on its face anymore but don't seem to have the power it did before. As for getting water in air filter it was raining really hard like I had a puddle of water on the seat between my legs while riding. I was unaware the opening for the air box was under the seat. I'm going to try to make shift a little scoop for the top of it facing the tail of the bike. Glad to be riding again at least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts