Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I FINALLY got my patch for completing 10 of the 117 Wisconsin Rustic Roads. It took forever to get since we did the rides back in August and sent in for it immediately... once I hit 25, they will send me a certificate.

Is this unique to my area or do you guys have rides that you can do to earn patches, pins, certificates, etc.?

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
US Rider News has one similar for Georgia travelers...
You have to get a picture of the towns mentioned name along with your Bike...
World Traveler is the patch name ...
Towns in GA have world renown names like Athens, Buena Vista, Cairo, etc...
Visit 5 with proof , get the patch...
I plan to get my 5 in a days ride...

CONGRATULATIONS on your achievement :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
I live about 10 miles from a WI rustic road. I have ridden a lot more than 10 of them but I never knew there was a patch.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have only ridden one of WI rustic roads, I believe its Snake Road, its just west of Lake Geneva. I did not take a pic as I did not know about the patch at the time. Next time I will make sure to get the pic.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
I live about 10 miles from a WI rustic road. I have ridden a lot more than 10 of them but I never knew there was a patch.

You need to "get the program" and dig out the pics, if you want your patch...
:D :D :D :) ;)
Geneva is another one of the names I couldn`t remember last night while posting...

·
Registered
563 Posts
You need to "get the program" and dig out the pics, if you want your patch...
:D :D :D :) ;)
Geneva is another one of the names I couldn`t remember last night while posting...
I never took pics. I'm already planning on doing them this summer and getting the patch.

Most of the ones I have rode on are southwest WI. There are a few I ride regularly going to lunch.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Yeah, I`ve been "threatening" to get my World Traveler patch since 07 and ain`t done it yet;)
I`ve been through many of the towns required, but NO Camera :D

Challenge? > I`ll get mine first! :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yeah, I`ve been "threatening" to get my World Traveler patch since 07 and ain`t done it yet;)
I`ve been through many of the towns required, but NO Camera :D

Challenge? > I`ll get mine first! :D

I'm thinking this summer for all 10, but I don't want to be in a hurry.:D

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
I'm thinking this summer for all 10, but I don't want to be in a hurry.:D

No need to get in a hurry...
I cannot enjoy the journey to the destination, IF I hurry...

I broke out the US Rider News yesterday to get a list of towns, I`ll study it until you`re riding weather returns...
> Then maybe we can get our patches together from different sources for the same purpose...

Think of it as a GET OUT AND RIDE * HSN Unity (?)...

I like the idea, Anyone else want in??

·
Registered
563 Posts
No need to get in a hurry...
I cannot enjoy the journey to the destination, IF I hurry...

I broke out the US Rider News yesterday to get a list of towns, I`ll study it until you`re riding weather returns...
> Then maybe we can get our patches together from different sources for the same purpose...

Think of it as a GET OUT AND RIDE * HSN Unity (?)...

I like the idea, Anyone else want in??
Sounds good.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Count me in "Captain D". Would it be possible to get a list of the Georgia towns involved? I know I am close to 2 international towns: Rome and Athens.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Yeah, I`ll get these posted here...
BUT, pull up US Rider News magazine, they are common to your locality sections, such as Georgia has a section in the magazine...

Included are international cities names >
Athens, Augusta, Berlin, Bethlehem, Budipest, Buena Vista, Cairo, Denmark, Dublin, Egypt, Geneva, Lebanon, Rhine, Rome, Scotland, Smyrna, Milan, & Vienna...

But 6 towns are the number and once you get your patch, you receive a rocker for completing 6 more...
www.usridernews.com for more...

Lets get together on this as a whole, HSN & MAYBE we Georgia riders can meet and get a few towns together ...

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Not to hijack this thread>
I like riding and accomplishing these "missions/goals" such as canonelan2 has done...
It feels good!!!

Check into this type reward in your area, and keep this thread alive with congrats to canonelan2 :D

Ride SAFE,
Dennis

·
Registered
714 Posts
Rustic Roads

There was a guy on a Wisconsin Riders forum that rode EVERY Rustic road in the state, all in one year.:D
It might not seem that hard, but almost 120 roads in a state that has winter 6 months out of the year was not an easy task.:wink:
Especially not being retired and having to work.:sad:

·
Registered
563 Posts
That's a lot of riding. You can do more than one a day though. Some are fairly close.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.