Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone PLEASE tell me , yes or no, if there's any difference that would prevent me from using Sabre pipes on a 97 ACE 1100? I'm not concerned about the rear mounting bracket, only if there's frame or engine differences that would prevent such an application? I can fab anything needed to adapt, I'm only worried about the porting out of the motor and running into the side covers etc...

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Shepdog, As I see it the pipes for the 00-06 sabre will not fit the `97 Ace, the foot pegs are more mounted more forward on the sabre which is why the pipes run at a more swept angle running behind the pegs and on the ACE run straight down with the frame angle in front of the pegs, I wanted to change mine and found that out, So unles you want to cut the ACE pegs and weld on supports for the Sabre ones it wont work, Im using Jardine forward controls and I dont think I will bother changing that, I will stick with the shotgun pipes I have now, Hope this helps, Don.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Don...I run Jardine's as well, and the angle thing is exactly the kind of thing I couldn't envision without actually holding the pipes to the bike...is yours' a 97 ACE or earlier though? Love thestack, wish the intake wasn't under the seat on the 97...great looking ride...where you at in Ontario, BTW?

Thanks again for the tip!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Shepdog, Mine is a `97 ACE as well, So I guess we are both having problems with the lack of aftermarket pipes for this model Eh..There are Jardine slash cuts and taperes, and Santee makes four different kinds of pipes as well But their drags are almost the same as the ones I have on there now, What style do you want to have, and are you running stock now?. That really isnt a stack its one of two S&S super "E" carbs I have fashioned ( one each side ) onto a manifold I made, It works well with the Engine mods I have done as well, I like to change stuff every year on this bike, This year Im raking the trees 14 deg and 8" overs ...should look cool ...I hope 8) , I am just north of Kitchener / Waterloo in Ontario one hour west of Toronto, in the friggin snow right now, Talk again, Don.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have cobra slash slip ons...rejetted last summer to match, not sure I have it quite dialed in. Had a set of older cobra drag pipes that have seen better days, but my go back to them after wrapping them with some heat tape.

Would LOVE to see that manifold if you took pics...If there's a way to run external carbs on the ace< I'm all over it!

I've done some rear fender work and paint, that's about it...have a seat I'm gonna customize and want to strip it right down to the bones next winter, but unfortunately, my bike projects rank waaaaay behind the Honey-Do list! I'm actually in Burlington, not too far down the road! Would atach a pic, but I'm a bit of laggard in the HTML department.

Geez, 14 degrees??/That's gonna be HUGE. BTW what is the stock on our bike? I always figured it to be around 30-32...?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know if you guys are into the look of fish tail pipes but these were still avalible in late summer. The are Samson Side by Side Fish Tails. I've got the baffled set and they sound great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Shepdog, I did take pics of the manifold so all I have to do is find em....when I do I will send them along to ya, the Pipes I have right now are 2" Rifle pipes, But I want to go 2 I/4" I have seen some that I can buy and shorten a bit, If you want my ones we can talk later if you want, the manifold is not hard to make as long as you want to play with carb jetting a lot, I measured the stock rake tonight and its 34 Deg ( or as close as you can get) so with the added 14 thats 48Deg and 8" over.... should be cool, tell the owner of the "Honey-Dew list that your seat could be done by Curtwood Custom...in Newmarket...I had him do my g/f`s seat on her 750 and it is great, then all the other household stuff will/may get done later..
Hey Sagebrush, I know that fish tails look real good on the right kinda scoot and you are correct that do sound very cool But at this time I like to run with drags or better without baffles ( for the neigbours) he he Later guys, Don.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts