Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2002 shadow sabre 1100 and in wanting to make it faster and bit sure where to start it is bone stock right now I know I can get a set of pipes but that won't add much it currently tops out at 110mph I would like it to be able to do 150mph if I choose to put it there any ideas or suggestions?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I have an 2002 shadow sabre 1100 and in wanting to make it faster and bit sure where to start it is bone stock right now I know I can get a set of pipes but that won't add much it currently tops out at 110mph I would like it to be able to do 150mph if I choose to put it there any ideas or suggestions?

yeah..get a bike that goes 150 mph

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
You're never gonna get 150mph out of a Sabre. About all you can reasonably do is pipes and a high flow filter along with a re-jet. Even that will get you a negligible increase. If you want more than that, then sell the Sabre and get something else. It's a cruiser, and a damn fine one at that. It has plenty of power for what its designed to do.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Agreed with above. 150mph is unobtainable. Sabres are great bikes and not sure why you'd even have to go 110mph.
If you want to go 150mph, it's your choice but perhaps you should be looking into the crotch rocket market.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
You guys are more than unhelpful but I will figure out a way to do it on my own

mmm. uh yeah.. these guys are unhelpful uh huh. You would be hard pressed to fing a more helpful group of folks anywhere than these people but we cannot help you do something that is undo-able. You can jet it, you can add pipes, heck you can even bore those jugs out polish the heads and get some speed wizard to build you a special cam profile.. but short of turbo or super charging in to the point where it will not be practical for street use you ain't getting 150 mph out of it not without lunching the mill after a pass or two ( if you are lucky ).. you want to ride it or blow it up..choice is yours

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Well I'm sorry but it is not undo-able I have friends with cruiser that ride 130-140 completely stock other than pipes so I find it hard to believe it can't be done

you have friends with cruisers whose speedos incorrectly read that much..the actuall speeds are as much as 15& less ..sorry to point this out to you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This may be true but I'm sure with
8-10 bikes showing the same numbers some hayabusa some cruisers I don't think it can be that far off

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its a cruiser. I honestly would be scared to try to obtain 150mph on my 07.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts

150 MPH

·
Registered
481 Posts
You guys are more than unhelpful but I will figure out a way to do it on my own

Well I'm sorry but it is not undo-able I have friends with cruiser that ride 130-140 completely stock other than pipes so I find it hard to believe it can't be done

Ok, you were rude first, my turn. YOU have no idea what you're talking about. You will never get 150 out of that bike. Your "friends" are lying to you if they tell you they get that speed out of a cruiser. Grow up and get a grip.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
"I think, what we have here, is a failure----to communicate" He doesn't want to hear it he doesn't believe it, and maybe even a troll?:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts