Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the sabre and spirit 1100 the same frame and engine, just the sabre has different peripherals and a rubber mounted engine ?

I ask, because the aftermarket exhaust market, especially 2 into 1, are very limited.......roadhouse has one they list for the sabre, they finally told me fits the spirit,vance and hines has a 2 into 1 for the sabre, but they cant tell me if it fits the spirit

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I'm sure the Sabre exhaust will fit the Spirit. If I were going to make the swap, I'd first go to a Honda dealer and take some measurements and compare. >PD<

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe the Sabre exhaust will fit up to the Spirit engine. The difference is going to be how the rear pipe follows the contours of the bike. There will probably be a large gap between the rear pipe and the chrome cover over the tool pouch.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
You could buy the chromed "side cover" from Rifle (www.rifle.com) to make this area cleaner. They make a side cover that was used with their 2 into 1 Big Guns exhaust. I think they still sell the side cover. This allows you to use "any" exhaust system.

I think other than myself... Nav has this side cover.

For me, it was a good add-on to go with the Rifle 2 into 1.

If you see a "thread" by 77-Fan, he's got the Roadhouse 2-1 on his bike. H's got some pics somewhere...might have to PM him.

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm mostly doing it for sound and room to put on the hardbags in the next few months.........I want the larger hard bags you cant do with stock exhaust, and with summer coiming up, its riding time

·
Registered
339 Posts
I just emailed Rifle to see if the side cover will fit my Spirit. I have BUB pipes that were designed for a Sabre.

For reference, the side cover is located here:
http://www.rifle.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&DID=9&Product_ID=1901&CATID=11&Product=Sidecover,_VT1100C(%2787-%2796),_Chromed,Complete

Thanks for the heads up bullzeyet! I've been looking for a decent way to fix that problem for some time now.

Mark

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
It's a well made piece. Had mine since 1996. Gotta take the "hardware" (lock, etc.) from your "stock" and add to the "new" one. No biggy.

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well, the news I got back from Rifle wasn't what I wanted to hear. They said the side cover won't fit my bike. It is listed as fitting VT1100Cs from '87 - '96, but I thought it was worth a shot in asking them.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts