Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
546 Posts
I hit "like" but I don't like what happened. Seems that you are OK? The insurance companies value old bikes really low so point out any and all add ons you have done to the bike.

·
Registered
1997 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
78 Posts
So glad you were able to walk away from that, but guessing you'll be feeling a lot of sore muscles and bruising in the coming week or two. The bike can always be repaired or replaced at your discretion. Looks like it was very nice prior to the collision, so will keep my fingers crossed the bike will be replaced/repaired to your liking. Again - Very glad you're OK! Kevin

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
546 Posts
Did those forks break off in the crash or was it finished off when they dragged it up onto the tow truck ?:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
That's a frikkin' tragedy, is what that is. ..Glad you made it though okay!

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,884 Posts
I'm glad you're ok. The good thing about those forks crumpling is it took a lot of the impact off of you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yup,after 17 years riding incident free,had a girl do illegal u-turn in my path and WHAM!! Crumpled front forks,maybe tore radiator (saw coolant)...I ended up "flying" over the roof of the Lexus 4 door. Could get good used forks/radiator?? Today a week later,Shadow started great/ran!! View attachment 294127 View attachment 294128 View attachment 294129
Good gosh! I hope I have seventeen years of no incidents.
Yup,after 17 years riding incident free,had a girl do illegal u-turn in my path and WHAM!! Crumpled front forks,maybe tore radiator (saw coolant)...I ended up "flying" over the roof of the Lexus 4 door. Could get good used forks/radiator?? Today a week later,Shadow started great/ran!! View attachment 294127 View attachment 294128 View attachment 294129
Golly! It’s good you’re ok. I hope to have 17 years of no incidents. That should wrap up my riding career!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Glad you came out well.

Wish we had something other than 'like'. It really is the WRONG thing to have for posts like these!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im glad u survived ur ordeal but hats off to honda for making a reliable bike still crank and ran that says alot for there craftsmanship

1 - 20 of 23 Posts