Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sitting at the kitchen table this evening reading old newspapers, a name from the obits grabbed my attention...Bruce Adams, 61, Alstead NH. he was known here as NH Bigfoot. i knew this name from the website he linked to on this site. it can still be found here. dry yankee humor and not one to tiptoe around a subject. i knew him by his forum name in the old forum too. he lived but a couple towns away yet i never met him, mostly because the few times i may have posted in a common thread that "hey, perhaps we'll hook up for a ride..." or something like that, he wouldnt really respond. didnt suprise me or hurt my feeling, he seemed like a fairly private person on the net. rode alone a lot. me too. i learned a few things from his website, had a few laughs, im familiar with most of what he mentions there. i liked that when he would mod his bike, he'd head to the hardware store instead of the chrome store. and that he had some out of round rims, but he preservered and didnt let the *******s wear him down. he passed on Jan 1. rest in peace NH Bigfoot.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Did it say how he died?

It is a sad day indeed. You will be missed NHBigFoot.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry to hear that also
One of his last Posts
NH Bigfoot said:
The bike can handle it and you'll have a good time, do it or you'll always regret it.

Check out my homepage, I've ridden my 750 ACE coast to coast, twice across the USA and once across Canada and I've got pictures and some tips that might help you out.
Others have done long bike trips and should pitch in, and if you do a search for 'bike trips' or 'motorcycle journals' etc on the net, it should bring up lots of things to get you planning and packing.
Glen

·
Registered
943 Posts
wish i could have known him. I like that part in his post

" Do it or you'll always regret it "

·
Registered
327 Posts
OMG!
I read alot of his site and a bunch of his posts here when I first joined. He's one of the ppl that I read and became interested in this site. I'm so sorry to hear this. He will certainly be missed.
He wasn't very old, any idea of the cause of death?

·
Registered
202 Posts
ADAMS, Bruce Hamilton Bruce Hamilton Adams, 61, of Cold Pond Road, Acworth, NH passed away at the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Monday, (January 1, 2007) following a brief illness. Bruce was born in Arlington, MA, on July 21, 1945, the son of Hubert and June (Dallin) Adams. He was raised and schooled in Romeo, MI, and graduated from Romeo High School in 1964. He served in the U.S. Army and was stationed in Germany in the late 1960's. He worked as a mechanic and welder while in the service. Bruce enjoyed hunting, riding his motorcycle and touring around the country. He was known on the CB as "New Hampshire Bigfoot." He loved spending time with his sons and grandkids four-wheeling and snowmobiling and watching them race. Survivors include his two sons, Bruce E. Adams and his wife, Karen of Lempster, NH, John H. Adams of Colorado Springs, CO; a brother, Eric Adams and his wife, Ocean of Hinsdale, NH; a sister, Gail Adams and her husband, Wayne Coste of Tariffville.....
Taken from obituaries.

R.I.P. You will be missed.

Richard

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
NH Bigfoot.....Thank's for being a part of HondaShadow.net.
You will be missed!
Phil

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too enjoyed his site very much and will miss his old crotchety self. As for the cause of passination, the "after a brief illness" in his obit and this quote from his site might shed some light...

I'm 58 yrs old. Had a quad bypass 3 yrs ago and two of the bypasses were still clogged after the operation, have a hardened spot on one heart chamber so it isn't pumping blood too well. I have severe emphysema in one lung, a bone spur in my left shoulder, 2 rotator cuff tears in the right shoulder, degenerative arthritis in my joints, carpal tunnel syndrome in my right wrist, right knee needs another operation and other little ailments that pester me.
Happy riding NH Bigfoot.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had his website bookmarked. It's entertaining reading, and if anyone hadn't already checked it out before, here it is while it's still online:

http://www.intergate.com/~nhbigfoot/

Someone put a short memorial paragraph at the top of his home page, and his last post was the morning of Dec 27, just a few days before he passed.

Rick

·
Registered
18 Posts
<_______________________________>...................dagger

1 - 20 of 53 Posts