Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 2003 honda shadow spirt 750
1rst time i am going to put the saddle bag but thr are so many in the market i

jsut need to know what is the best fit size for the stock bike which look desent and nice some of them i have seen are 12x9 x 5 blackmagic brand etc or wanali
2- thr is cobra saddle bag support out thr but it dosent come with the screw will it fit or i have to arange the longer screw for it

3- if some one have pictures with the saddle bag on thr bike please snd the link or picture
thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
On the Spirits you have to be aware of the turn signals, they won't let you put a very big bag on them. The only way to put larger bags on is to relocate the turn signals. Just serch for info on this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks again every one for updating the post i think iam going for 16 wide 10 hight 5.5 deep bags ..
just waiting for the confirmation of the size of jstanfield103 bike bags
cuz iam odering from internet so :) wana be firm before i oder

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
be aware that bags for the shaft drive Spirits will not fit the chain drive Spirits without relocating the turn signals. There are bags that fit without modification but the choices are limited.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Iv'e been looking at saddlebags myself, I have a '94 VT1100 and find myself, as you do, very limited by size limitations from the turn signals and the exhaust, Several brands make throw over bags that will work, simply measure the distance from the turn signal forward, and from the top of the rear fender down to exhaust, be sure to leave an inch or two from the top of the exhaust,

You can relocate the rear turn signals to where the lic plate is, which gives you more room, the bracket for this is only around $20.

The best I have found so far is the "Leatherlyke" bags, they are hard bags that look like leather, they are sold model specific for mounting and come with all the hardware plus the turn signal relocating kit including the wiring. After alot of reasearching, I going with these myself unless something better comes up.
go to "leatherlyke.com" and check them out. really nice bags

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I have a VLX,and if you don't care if they are textile,and not leather saddlebags ( I prefer the look of textile) Walmart (YES WALMART!!!) has saddlebags,and a matching tail bag that are NICE,and fit my VLX perfectly, and a matching tank bag that I am going to order soon I think.For the money I could not have gotten any better at twice the price.The tour master stuff I have seen is comparable I believe.
Walmart.com: Classic Accessories Motorcycle Saddle Bags: Automotive

Walmart.com: Classic Accessories Motorcycle Tank Bag: Automotive

Walmart.com: Classic Accessories Motorcycle Tail Bag: Automotive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts