Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure whats going on, lets try this.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i am thinking i might hold off and get some bags that i really want, these arent it and would only be used for just a little bit.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
neither link is working for me
I'm pretty sure you can't jump from this site to Amazon. You have to copy and paste. Give it a try.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I use my bags often enough that it would be work the $50 to have those until I could afford the ones I really wanted. I HATE riding with a back pack on.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
yeah, the link shows them at $64 and even though that's still a good price, remember, you get what you pay for. I could be wrong but these don't look very secure on the bike. Looks like someone could just walk away with them unless you take them off and take them with you every time you leave your bike parked.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Go to Jafrum.com. They have a good selection and the quality is good for the prices charged.

I went to Jafrum in February . The first time I pushed the clips to open the bags one broke . Not long after the rest followed . Been trying to get replacements since . There customer service sucks big time .

·
Registered
673 Posts
I went to Jafrum in February . The first time I pushed the clips to open the bags one broke . Not long after the rest followed . Been trying to get replacements since . There customer service sucks big time .
I got some leather ones from Jafrum. The rivets came off on all the clips within the first two weeks. The conchs blew off on the first long ride. They were held on with the same type of rivet. I got tired of repairing them, so I got hard bags. I did not go with the most expensive because I am not sure what I want for sure. These will work for the next little bit until I decide.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just have to get some supports now but i've been balking over the fact that 2 pieces of metal cost almost as much as the bags.
This!

That is why I mainly didnt pull the plug on those last night. They were in the Goldbox deal section on Amazon for a few hours, they run special deals each day for a few hours at a time. To late now, might get them from Sams though and take them back if I dont like them. Just the supports are $70 for the black ones!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
208 Posts
It would be to your advantage to borrow a Lazar thermal gauge and check the temperature of your exhaust pipes.

Mine ran over 525 degrees after a ride. This is behind the baffles near the end.

I totally melted my bags that I put on the bike.

Bought some more and raised them over 4 inches above the pipes and ruined them too!

Took the PAIR system off the bike and dropped the temp to less than 300 degrees on the top pipe! (Rear cylinder)

I think your going to find the you will not end up with bags. Just saying.

Check yours out first, mine might have been a one of a kind!:-o

1 - 20 of 25 Posts