Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to install the saddlebag brackets that came with the bags i got when I purchased my 1300r. The brackets I believe are Hondaline brackets. They have 2 mounting points for mounting on the fender, however there is also a 3rd bolt that does not bolt directly on to the fender or any other piece. It seems as if the there is a swing arm on the bracket itself. However as you can see by the video below, it causes the bag to bounce. Considering this is my first bike with bags on it, is this a normal amount of movement? Because it doesn't seem like anything should be moving, and I have tightened every bolt I can.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I don't quite grasp the question and did not see video. If the bags are just bouncy by nature instead of it being a hanger issue, try a zip tie, line or shoe laces to hold the bags in position. Mine are supposed to tie down but never bothered cuz I'm carrying about 3 pounds of tools on each side.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It moves left and right. After digging a while I found a install diagram that showed I was missing a spacer. Problem solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.