Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious what everyone keeps in there saddlebags, if you have them. I have heard, flat tire kits (no idea what you would have in a flat tire kit, maybe compressed nitrogen and a bottle of tire plug), tool kits, cold weather kits, and rain kits. Right now I have nothing in my bags but looking to store some stuff in them just in case I get into a squeze at some point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like to carry a set of allen wrenches for every allen bolt I have on the bike. That often means a set of English pattern and a set of metric. Metric for the Honda stuff and English for the bolts on the Memphis shades windshield and other non-standard American made accessories.

I purchased a couple of surplus French Army metal first aid kit boxes. I used one to build a first aid kit and the other to use as a tool box. One goes in the left saddle bag and the other in the right. These are slightly larger than the average first aid box but fit perfectly in the bag. They have a rubber seal and are water proof.

A small funnel might come in handy for adding oil or as I did a while back help a friend add water to his battery.

Also maybe a Swiss Army knife. You will usually find it doesn't pay to carry tools you don't know how to use.

Carry extra fuses of every type used on the bike. I used a jumper to jump a friends bike. It had a three amp in line fuse which burned out as soon as his bike started. That was probably a good thing. Note - carry extra 3 amp fuses also.

For flat tires, always carry a cell phone.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Water.
Spare key, no not in the bag, just don't forget.
Snacks!!! Hate pulling into store just for water or jerky or candy.
Water.
I also remove wallet and cell phone and all other keys and drop in one of the bags.
The list could go on forever, depends on length of ride/location.
Water!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.