Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Aero
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking a pair of saddlebag locks for my genuine Handa leather saddlebags. Assistance is appreciated. As always, thank you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I found some genuine Honda leather saddle bags at a second hand store for cheap. They were kinda misshappened because the leather started to shrink on itself. The internet said the bags were salvageable if you soaked them in hot water and stuffed them with rags and newspaper. It just goes to show you that the internet is not always correct. :(

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
A picture would help. There are more than one kind of "genuine Honda saddlebags."

I'm assuming your talking about a way to lock your saddlebags closed as opposed to lock them onto the bike.
Most saddlebags do not lock, nor do they have a place to put a lock...You would have to work out something yourself.
If your bags have a lock hasp through the straps, any small lock from a hardware store will do.

We just need more info.

Example: My saddlebags have interior locks to keep them from being removed from the bike,
Exterior hasps to fit a small padlock so the straps can't be undone,
and a third hidden lock under each strap that lock the quick-release buckles.
(But they're not Honda Bags. )

None of which will keep a dedicated thief from getting my stuff if they really want to. 😖
They're mostly designed to discourage on opportunistic thief...Something that would make them move on to an easier target.

·
Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
753 Posts
Something is telling me that if you want secured bags, then hard shells are needed. Educate me.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Aero
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A picture would help. There are more than one kind of "genuine Honda saddlebags."

I'm assuming your talking about a way to lock your saddlebags closed as opposed to lock them onto the bike.
Most saddlebags do not lock, nor do they have a place to put a lock...You would have to work out something yourself.
If your bags have a lock hasp through the straps, any small lock from a hardware store will do.

We just need more info.

Example: My saddlebags have interior locks to keep them from being removed from the bike,
Exterior hasps to fit a small padlock so the straps can't be undone,
and a third hidden lock under each strap that lock the quick-release buckles.
(But they're not Honda Bags. )

None of which will keep a dedicated thief from getting my stuff if they really want to. 😖
They're mostly designed to discourage on opportunistic thief...Something that would make them move on to an easier target.
Yeah, my bad. I should have included some pics. You are correct as I am talking about locking them so my items won't be pilfered. I'll hit Ace Hardware and figure something out. This is the first bike that I've ever had saddlebags on so pardon the ignorance. Thank you for your assistance.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Yeah, my bad. I should have included some pics. You are correct as I am talking about locking them so my items won't be pilfered. I'll hit Ace Hardware and figure something out. This is the first bike that I've ever had saddlebags on so pardon the ignorance. Thank you for your assistance.
There's nothing to apologize or be pardoned for.

We're just trying to draw out some info so we can offer better advice. :cool:

I've made many stops at the hardware store myself to rig up something no one else made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts