Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some Saddlemen Drifter bags and Show Chrome mounting brackets for a 750 Aero. I'm trying to figure out the best way to secure them. How do you guys secure your bags?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, how about someone who doesn't have EasyBrackets or Ghost Brackets - just plain old saddlebag stays.

Of course Easy/Ghost brackets would be the best solution, but they're $150 so in that case they aren't.

The Saddlemen bags have a nice strap on the bottom, and two tie-down eyes and strings that would work great if there was actually a place on the Aero to tie them. Actually, the right shock does have a metal eye just below it on the frame that is perfect - shaft side has nothing.

Tying to the saddlebag bracket provides no real support because the factory loops on the bags are much lower than the bracket.

Will I have to drill through the back of the bag and tie it to the bracket or has someone come up with a better way on an Aero 750?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
beowulf said:
Your support comes from the yoke over the fender the ties just keep them from flopping around. Most brackets are shorter than the bags.

BTW, brackets at mean cycles for $55...
Yeah, those are the exact brackets I have. Flapping was my concern, and the factory tie points on the bags didn't give me a lot of options on the Aero (base of shock was perfect but then how long until movement wears the strings out).

I drilled a small hole in the backside of each bag next to the bracket, and used a zip-tie with a washer and a small keyring to fasten it to the bracket. Zero movement now, even at 107 mph.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts