Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Does anyone here have a '86 VT1100 that they have/had saddlebags on. I want to know what fits what doesn't, and what looks good. I would prefer not to have to relocate the lights but I'm not afraid of doing it either. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Also if anyone else has some other add-ons, customizations, upgrades that they would like to suggest I'm all ears.

Thank you.
-G

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
You'll probably need to relocate your tail lights. I also have a Slipstreamer Spitfire windscreen on mine.

Turntailandrunn posted just ahead of me. Good lookin bags btw.

·
Registered
666 Posts
i was planning on moving my signals but ill keep my eyes on this thread cause if i can get nice bags without the work i'm happy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those Raider bags seem pretty good, they look like they fit the bike well.

Any problems keeping them out of the suspension/wheels?

Any more success stories with saddlebags and the 86' VT1100 please share, I like to have options and shop around, I'm very indecisive.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
nice lookin ride.... turntail pulls through yet again. I'll be hooking up with that link buddy! Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Those Raider bags seem pretty good, they look like they fit the bike well.

Any problems keeping them out of the suspension/wheels?

Thanks again!
They have no chance of getting into the suspension/wheels. They're really stiff bags so they don't flop around at all. The front of the bags ride along the rear suspension and the top is pressed up against the horizontal part of the grab rail. I have 8" pieces of bar stock that I attach to my rear signals to make absolutely sure they don't get into the rear wheel...it's kinda a pain to remove the bar stock when I take the bags off because I have to remove/reinstall the rear signals to put them on. But It was the best thing I could think of without changing the bike from stock. I'm goofy that way - all stock, all the time.

I pop off the upper shock covers when I put the bags on too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts