Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some new saddlebags for my 1983 VT 750. I want to get hard bags so I can actually lock things up inside instead of staring out the window of wherever I am. I'm looking for hard bags but I really haven't found any that I like yet. Has anyone found bags they really like for a decent price?

Thanks,
Mac 21

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought these off ebay last May. I put them on my '86 1100, but I modified the brackets to make them sit closer to the bike. I also placed them farther back for shock clearance and wired in the lights to replace the turn signals. Don't get me wrong, these a not super high quality by any means, but I needed the bags for commuter work...

DX Motorcycle hard Saddlebags + Lights & Heavy Brackets | eBay

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have a set of these. I got mine used on Craigslist for $50. I did a $10 mod on the light. I removed the puny little lamp and put in an 1157 bulb and lamp assembly I got from the local auto parts. I have them lit up as running lights and turn signals. I had them on for over an hour and no major heat build up on the lens. My sig shows them in the original position, I have since moved them forward 2" and down about 3".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.