Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience with the Samson Shoguns on their vt1100 single pins. Also how do they compare with V&H, H-K, Jardine, Cobra. Do all these pipes offer similar performance upgrades and just have asthetic differences? Or " how do ya rate them ". Is it completely subjective?

·
Registered
943 Posts
everythign I have read from people, the performance upgrade is slight, maybe a little more torque, I believe they said, in the midrange.

I am switching pipes for 2 reasons.

1) I just dig the sound
2)more room for the bags
3) I really dig the sound

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I currently have the Samson Shogun Warlords on my dual pin VT1100C
Previously I had V$H Classic II's

The V$H were pretty harsh (like gun shots going off) when fully packed with fiberglass, however removing most or all the glass helped a lot, but it felt like power was down. So a baffle with fiberglass half way around it was was a good trade off still pretty crisp/sharp sound.

I got the samons for a good price at a DK clearance so I gave them a try and it is much improved sound, still pretty noisy but in a deeper tone. I am running the 10" baffles too.

At a traffic light a couple months ago I had an older gentleman with his wife in a pickup truck pulling a horse trailer hang out the cab window and he tells me the bike sounded good. He even wanted me to rev it up a little - something I was reluctant to do with the horses right next to me in the trailer. So they must sound ok.......he didn't have any dead-head stickers on his bumper. Looked like someones kindly old great-grandpa. :wink:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I started another post on Samsons, for my Spirit (dual pin)
Were very difficult to jet correctly
They sound good. If the jetting is a little rich, they give a deep boomy sound.
I am using baffles, to cut down the crack when you decelerate.
They look cool and will look cooler when I drop the rear of the bike about 1-1/2 inches.
Overall, I like them. Better than the Cobra slash cuts (slip ons), and the Samsons are a ton lighter.
Unfortunately, you lose the crossover when you install the Samsons. My only complaint.

·
Registered
943 Posts
mike1 said:
I started another post on Samsons, for my Spirit (dual pin)
Were very difficult to jet correctly
They sound good. If the jetting is a little rich, they give a deep boomy sound.
I am using baffles, to cut down the crack when you decelerate.
They look cool and will look cooler when I drop the rear of the bike about 1-1/2 inches.
Overall, I like them. Better than the Cobra slash cuts (slip ons), and the Samsons are a ton lighter.
Unfortunately, you lose the crossover when you install the Samsons. My only complaint.
what does that mean, you lose the crossovers ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Samsons replace the entire stock exhaust system. The stock system has a short pipe that connects the two front pipes, before the mufflers. The Samsons are just straight pipes, from the header back, and have no connector (cross over) pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts