Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Im sorry if I offend anyone but drinking and driving is just stupid. Drinking and riding is straight up retarded! Motorcycles require balance, judgment and reaction speed. All of which are impaired by drinking. Ive never driven after more than one beer and never riden after any, its just not worth it. I crashed my bike stone cold sober so why add additional risk by straddling a bike drunk? We're all mortal

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I saw that video also. Straight talk .

The "Biker Bar" idea is just bad thinking.
A lot of guys can handle some booze, but I want all my senses to be keen when on 2 wheels in traffic.
Alcohol can feel like fun, but in the ICU on life support can ruin that fun weekend.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Alcohol kills brain cells, so using the principle of "survival of the fittest", getting drunk culls the weaker cells first. That explains why people feel so much smarter when they're drunk...

That being said, if you drink and drive, the life you take could be somebody else's. I'm a bad enough bike driver when I'm sober, so there is no way I'm even gonna "have a beer" and get on a bike. May we all live long and prosper.

·
Registered
557 Posts
There is a biker bar in a town near hear. Last year a guy left there and went through a red light and got killed by a pickup. Not a fun thing to see.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
"But officer, I had to drive because I am too drunk to walk".

Booze is OK to some extent, if not connected with the road.

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's why bikers point their bike forward at places so they don't have to back up. Some will say it's for a quick get away, in most cases it's because backup while drunk is a lot harder than just driving straight forward. LOL.

Bikes aren't that dangerous if you take out the drinkers, speed demons and newbies. Taking a guess those are your main wreck victims. All basically have the same problem, riding beyond their limits.

Take those 3 kinds of people out and motorcycles aren't much if any more dangerous than riding in a car.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Until that stupid deer jumps out right in front of you.:surprise:

That's random and fairly unlikely depending on where you are.

Here's one for you we had a girl die in a convertible because she hit a cow. Cow went right through the windshield and landed on her crushing her.

What are the odds of that?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Here's one for you we had a girl die in a convertible because she hit a cow. Cow went right through the windshield and landed on her crushing her.
Some cows just can't hold their liquor either...they are much more likely to be involved in a cow accident.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Here is another scary thought from Hawaii.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Here is another scary thought from Hawaii.

I've ridden motorcycles in the Caribbean, actually my preferred mode of transport. Cheap and more fun then a car. Only problem is those Islands for the most part are a free for all, dogs chasing you, goats, chickens never ended fun and game with wild life. Along with no speed limits or traffic cops at all. If you wreck you'll probably have to get back on your bike to ride to town trying to find the Hospital. Not a hospital but the one and only.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Yes on the lerts. Especially healthy, alive, having fun riding a bike lerts !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
11 Participants
ShadowGeezer
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing