Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I do not usually, if at all, make any posts here, I do quite a bit of learning from the others here. The main reason for this is that I realize I have more to learn than to share. Over the past year or more my bike (2003 Sabre 1100), has been registering a voltage at the battery at 13.7 at idle and 13.1 when revved. However, at my RR green and red wire connectors it would be more like 13.8 at idle and 13.4 when revved. As I was doing some reading/learning here I came across a post by tcanthonyii about his charging system. He mentioned that when he cleaned all his contacts, he fixed his charging problem. I was convinced that I needed a new RR, but thought I would clean all my contacts, at least the big ones, too. Now I have 13.8/9 at idle and 13.4/5 when revved at my battery. My RR green and red wire connectors are now at 14.0/1 at idle and 13.6/7 when revved. I don't know why there is a difference in voltages at the battery and RR wire connector, but I feel like I am in good shape. So, all in all, thank you to you guys who share so much on this site. It has certainly helped me with my bike.

John

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
LOL, and the instant extra power, too, from the revitalized electrical system.

While you're at it, if you haven't, apply some dielectric grease on the contacts, keeps moisture from corroding the prongs, and smudge some dielectric, as well, on the bare wire where it's crimped at the terminals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts