Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
My understanding is that most phones may not even be equipped with the software to enbed the GPS info. Of course you techno geeks who just had to have the iPhone - well then you are probably sharing location information. I tried on several phots of mine to see if it was there and could find no information whatsoever. YMMV

As for the turning off the features be aware that there is a federal requiement for all phones to be 911 GPS enabled by 9/11/12

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
within a decade, the word privacy will become obsolete and removed from dictionaries etc.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
well you are right about the nothing..as in we have nothing in the way of privacy, and haven't for quite a long time now.
This may be so but don't blame the consumer technology. Something comes out and the lemmings / sheeple buy it up and use it without thinking ahead a few steps.
Did that mom really need to post a pick of her kids shoes on the web? Really?

It's another "Trojan Horse".......and we let it happen.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Why? Whats wrong with this? If you aren't doing anything wrong then you shouldn't mind being tracked by your government. :wink:
Very bad argument.
It's not the governments place to know where I am, or what I am doing.
This is not Russia nor Nazi Germany.

It is not only criminals that should fear the abuse of power.
;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Both the iPhones and Androids have options to turn the GPS tag on or off. I think it will be nice to turn it on for when I'm traveling so it will be easy to identify where the picture was taken. For around home, It is off!

My Droid and my Dad's iPhone both had the GPS tag turned off by default.

·
Registered
156 Posts
There is a price to be paid for using technology and there is always a dark side. (think atomic energy) I don't worry about our government (not yet anyway) as much as I am concerned about criminals getting this info. Our lives increasingly seem to depend on our "credit rating", cell phones, computers that track our every purchase, and on and on and on. I'm afraid the time is coming when we will have to pay the piper.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
We all elected to "give up" some of our privacy to use the internet. Forums, chat rooms, h3ll facebook or my space or tweeter or blog. I don't think we can keep a thought in our head to our selves anymore. How many facebook entries are crap like "cheese cake,,yumm" or a detailed conpendium of our day, our week and all of our future plans. They have our age, our likes and dislikes. You can almost track some peoples entire day just by reading facebook or twitter. The gov't doesn't need to burn the money on expensive gps crap. just read the net. Our private lives, our thoughts and our feelings are not ours anymore, They belong to the gov't, the marketing stratigists and your employer.
You are owned. Your thoughts may not be yours but the careful crafting and planting of ideas by manipulation of media, news and intenet forums.

If you chose to resist us you will be hunted and assimilated, remember we know where you live and who all your friends are.
just say "cheese cake,,yummm".

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
So you are okay with your employer knowing what websites you have visited?
Or anyone having your medical history?

Just those two could deny you employment or insurance.

As an employer and insurer, yes. You'd have to believe that they don't already have that information. The walls of privacy have already been made transparent, if one should want to take a look.

Full disclosure and absolute transparency is for the greater good.

Imagine that world/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts