Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I did was simple with a scissor jack and a piece of 1" x 3" steel tubing placed a top the jack and then the jack goes up and lifts under the bike frame just behind the oil filter. The jack doesn't even come in contact with the motor.

I put a 2x6 under the kick stand first to level the bike. The bike stays very stable and you can leverage it to either make the front or back wheel to come off the ground.

I still change the oil just by putting a 2x6 under the kick stand. There's enough room to do the job, or you could do as others by putting a seperate 2x6 under each wheel and kick stand.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I need one of those to use on my Harbor Freight MC platform. That has a wheel chock up front......what do you use to secure your bike while it's on the jack?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cincinnatus,
I had that jack already from my Sportster. Actually on the forums most riders have trouble finding a jack that matches the HS because of the engine hanging down lower then the frame in spots.

My way, actually works and for a total of $75.00 of parts, you're good to go.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vito,
I haven't addressed the securing part yet. But currently it is so stable I'm not as worried. But open for ideas.

I thought about welding a couple steel loops to the jack if I go that far.

Ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts