Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Perform a search on this forum for

scootworks AND belt

type it in just like that. It will bring up all posts that have both words in the post. There are several posts on this setup.

You can get to the search feature by either clicking on the Search link at the top on this screen or by clicking on this link:

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/search.php

Hope this helps.

Joe

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
general consensus on this board and every other shadow board I'v ever been on is that scootworks are good folks with good products except for the belt drive conversion which sucks in unimaginable ways.

·
Registered
76 Posts
belt

I saw this yesterday while i was there. Looks awsome. The tech their said it was a very easy process to do. They can fit almost any bike. This maybe where my tax refund is going rather than my doctor bills !!

·
Registered
286 Posts
OOOG. I have one of these just installed last autumn. I hope all goes well with it. I'd hate to think I spent $550 on something that will wreck my bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
belt drive

After reading all the post and the link to the thread that MarkV has....i think my doctor will be happy to know they will be getting paid. Im keeping my chain. or ....at least til all the kinks are out of the belt drive system

·
Registered
286 Posts
OK maybe now I'm just a little paranoid and freaked because of all the bad press this thing has gotten, but how exactly could a kevlar belt shear steel teeth off the shaft? (well obviously it might have been the steel pulley doing the shearing, but wouldn't the belt just slip or break first?)
Has anyone had many many miles of trouble-free riding with this? It sounds like the gent in the older post got his second-hand, anything could have happened to it before he got it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
As the "gent" (me) said in his post; "buyer beware". After all is said and done what benefit have you gained? All I did after my belt was on was check it and worry about it. I checked it more than I ever serviced my chain. With saddlebags you can't even see it. Chain back on...worries all gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts