Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have wanted a shed for more tool storage and future bike storage but couldn't afford the price of new ones so I've waited about 1.5years for a deal and finally got one. lowes had 3 display models that they replaced all 3 are metal with solid wood floors pre assembled ready to go. 1 was a 10X14 about 7.5ft tall- 1 10x12 about 7ft tall and the last one was 10x8 about 6'8'' tall. the 10x14 was $499.99 10x12 $459.99 and the 10x8 $319.99 and those prices were not including the lumber needed for the flooring which these came with. the flooring on each one is built strong 2x4 frames with joist each 12 inches and plywood on top. all pressure treated. each floor to build would be at least $150-$200. so you got roughy $1880.00 no including screws and what not so call it $2000.00 in sheds.

they gave me a 7 hour deal they close at 10pm and i got the deal at 3pm.

the deal was i load them. lowes WILL NOT touch them in any way at all. and i can have each one for.....$50 so $150 for all 3!!!!!

so i got all 3 only really needing one but at that deal i had to buy all 3 who wouldn't.

so my boss and 1 worker hooked up the deck over trailer and went to pick them up each one weighs easy 400pounds. i kept the 10x14 and 10x8 and gave the 10x12 to my boss.

so now i just need more bikes as the 10x14 is empty and the 10x8 has more room for junk. so the 10x14 will become a bike storage and get selfs built in for random parts and tools kind of like a dealers mini back storage. oh yeah

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Awesome deal :D

You will fill them easier than you think :p

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
And the best part is, you have a lot less grass to mow:thumbup: Nice score!

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
QUICK! buy lottery tickets!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Your title says it all, definitely score of the year! Now start adding to the stable :) You know you need that XC!

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Awseome deal! One thought, is the lower door track strong enough to not bend with the weight of the bike? I don't know just popped into my head.
At $50, who cares! I'm sure it will be fine. I used to have one of those sheds at my last house and kept my zero turn mower in it. It never posed a problem.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
i have wanted a shed for more tool storage and future bike storage but couldn't afford the price of new ones so I've waited about 1.5years for a deal and finally got one. lowes had 3 display models that they replaced all 3 are metal with solid wood floors pre assembled ready to go. 1 was a 10X14 about 7.5ft tall- 1 10x12 about 7ft tall and the last one was 10x8 about 6'8'' tall. the 10x14 was $499.99 10x12 $459.99 and the 10x8 $319.99 and those prices were not including the lumber needed for the flooring which these came with. the flooring on each one is built strong 2x4 frames with joist each 12 inches and plywood on top. all pressure treated. each floor to build would be at least $150-$200. so you got roughy $1880.00 no including screws and what not so call it $2000.00 in sheds.

they gave me a 7 hour deal they close at 10pm and i got the deal at 3pm.

the deal was i load them. lowes WILL NOT touch them in any way at all. and i can have each one for.....$50 so $150 for all 3!!!!!

so i got all 3 only really needing one but at that deal i had to buy all 3 who wouldn't.

so my boss and 1 worker hooked up the deck over trailer and went to pick them up each one weighs easy 400pounds. i kept the 10x14 and 10x8 and gave the 10x12 to my boss.

so now i just need more bikes as the 10x14 is empty and the 10x8 has more room for junk. so the 10x14 will become a bike storage and get selfs built in for random parts and tools kind of like a dealers mini back storage. oh yeah

Excellent Deal John, Congrats!!

I love Scores like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
That's such a great deal it makes me feel like I saved money.

Your patience paid off.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Holy **** dude... im totally jealous. :D

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Awesome! Great to have storage like that and what a deal!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Wow, what a steal! Did you mount them on castle blocks? With sheds that big and bike weights you don't want the floors to rot out. You going to add heat and put your shop out there?

Dingo.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's good timing. Everything came together. Good for you man!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good for you! Totally jealous! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts