Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOVED my helmet for a year or so. But now the chin piece won't stay in the "UP" position.
So, little to no fresh air when - - - putting on glasses, stopped at lights, getting gas, asking directions (yeah, I do that sometimes).
Anybody know how ti tighten whatever it is that "locks" it in the up position?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have now done that. I've never contacted Scorpion before so I'm not familiar with their customer service, but I won't be a bit surprised if this incredible group comes up with an answer before the manufacturer does.
Just sayin' . Bless their little hearts.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I received a prompt response from Scorpion. "Unfortunately in order to fix this it would need to get sent in for repair."

I plan to ask them to put my request on hold until cooler weather. I guess they assume everyone has a spare helmet lying around. I do not. So I'll put up with the inconvenience until nearer winter.

So, again - does anyone on the forum know how to fix my helmet?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on my Scorpion helmet situation.

Scorpion offered to fix or replace mine even after I told them that it was a few months over 5 years old.. If I sent them helmet info they would send a return authorization number. I told them I'd do that when it got too cold to ride since I didn't have a second helmet.

But, because due to the virus my son is basically on "lockdown" at Virginia Military Institute until Christmas furlough, I have a helmet available. So I asked Scorpion for a return authorization on 28 August.

Got the return authorization number via email on 1 Sept. Sent helmet to CA on 1 Sept.
Received my brand new helmet today, 15 Sept.

Have had Scorpions for 14 years. After this experience I CERTAINLY won't be buying anything else. Didn't foresee anything like this response. The chinbar would not stay in the "up" position. Pain in the neck, but otherwise perfectly fine helmet. Definitely not a safety issue.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,969 Posts
The last two helmets I bought have been Scorpions and have nothing but good things to say about them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts