Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these as a gift and figured, it's snowing, I'll go downstairs and mount these...BULLETS II

BikeVis Store | BikeVis Bullets v2

I can't for the life of me find a flat surface to mount these on, let alone the lead wire goes through the bottom!

I found a place for my Stebel horn- but these have me stumped. :(

· Registered
2017 Indian Roadmaster
983 Posts
I got these as a gift and figured, it's snowing, I'll go downstairs and mount these...BULLETS II

BikeVis Store | BikeVis Bullets v2

I can't for the life of me find a flat surface to mount these on, let alone the lead wire goes through the bottom!

I found a place for my Stebel horn- but these have me stumped. :(
Mount them directly on the rear fender?

· Registered
147 Posts
Are they really all that bright? I might be wrong but the web site says 60 lumens? That is not bright at all. In fact, I use a 2000 lumen head lamp at work each morning on the golf course. I've been looking at some LED lights for the bike that are 1000 lumens each.

· Registered
5,282 Posts
I can't really see what they look like from that link, but you probably have to find some brackets to mount them on your bike.
^^^^^+1. One idea is to use fork brackets that are used for turn signals. Plenty of choices for those on EBay.

· Registered
11,728 Posts
Are they really all that bright? I might be wrong but the web site says 60 lumens? That is not bright at all. In fact, I use a 2000 lumen head lamp at work each morning on the golf course. I've been looking at some LED lights for the bike that are 1000 lumens each.
I have to agree with this. 60 lumens is less then most pocket flashlights put out these days. They're not going to add a lot of light to the bike.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
I have to agree with this. 60 lumens is less then most pocket flashlights put out these days. They're not going to add a lot of light to the bike.
I would agree. My tactical flashlight is 300 lumens on high & 135 on low. I can ride a bicycle on city bike paths using it as the headlight, but I would never ride a motorcycle like that.

Are these actually marketed as driving lights? Or are they just decoration?

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Yeah, I see their advertisement:

Also known as 'Daytime Running Lights (DRL)', 'Driving Lights', 'Safety Lights', 'Marker Lights' and 'LED Spotlights'....

But, do you "LOVE" them? :lol:

The reason the cord comes out the bottom, you drill a hole in the flat surface, thread the cable through the hole, then stick the light to the flat surface. This is the same principle behind our standard flashers, many aftermarket flashers, and plenty of other lights marketed as "single wire" or "hidden wire" installation.

How badly do you want these installed???

EDIT: Second look at the pictures, are these even single-wire??? It looks like several of the pictures are mounted to plastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.