Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this info has been posted before but as of Dec 06 Carquest outlets have been carrying Seafoam products. Bought a 473ml (16oz) can of the motor cleaner for around $9.00. I figure all those 'mericans can't be wrong.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ShadowNorth said:
Hey Dave,

I saw the post topic and was about to answer with "Try Carquest".

I see a couple new bikes in your sig line.
Hey Chris, I guess it was only news to me. :) Yeah, my son and daughter decided to take the plunge and purchase new before we do some touring this summer. Kinda cool, we got our own pack of biker bums. Guess I will have to build that garage this spring after all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sniper Bob said:
I've seen it sold at Napa here. Haven't tried it yet.
hey bob, the bike is looking good!
haven't seen you on the roads in the past few days - why not
lamo

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I was wondering where to pick that stuff up, I see it mentioned all the time here.

Poor Albertans and all that snow. What did you guys do to piss off Mother Nature that badly? :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
Everyone seems to swear by Seafoam , so it's obviously effective in clearing up fueling/carb issues , but I'm going to play it safe and only use it if I sense a problem and not as a preventative b/c I think it's too harsh/powerful for regular use . These kinds of products usually are and could cause damage from prolonged use .

·
Registered
162 Posts
If anyone uses this stuff, let us know how you make out.

I am on the fence about giving it a try.

The hole phrase about " if it ain't broke, don't ix it" is being played in myhead....

Keep us posted
Cheers
O

·
Registered
151 Posts
i've been using some of the other brands... but same stuff different pile.

I had got my carbs really gummed up in the fall. Think I fell pray to bad gas. It was so bad my bike stalled on me, and I couldn't keep it running. Dealership worked on it all winter... and couldn't seem to get it running right.

anyways.... as a last ditch effort, I ran some carb cleaner through the tank. now it's back to normal! The first can I ran through pretty strong (probibly more concentrated then reccomended), but now I am just adding a little bit to every other tank or so.... i figure if it was that gummed up then a little continued assistance shouldn't hurt.

i think it's like everything else in life. do some research before you use a product and you should be fine. Start with a little, then build up if needed.
if you do your regular maintence and use a little sea foam every season during your tune up, it shouldn't shock your bike into problems.

just my thoughts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.