Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 1100 Shadow has a smaller tank??

Is the 700/750 tank larger? Will it fit the 1100???

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I use it at the end of the season and usually throw a couple cap fulls in during the year as well. I've never had my carbs gummed up though, so I can't really speak to it's restorative powers.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Just about everybody on this forum swears by the stuff, because it *does* in fact, do what is says it will do! There's a lot of snake oil on the market, but Seafoam isn't among them.

I think downinit means that motorcycles have smaller gas tanks than cars do, so where the Seafoam directions indicate that a "tankful will do the job" they really mean "15 gallons will do the job" which is 5 tanks for us!

--Justin

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tubes_rock said:
I think downinit means that motorcycles have smaller gas tanks than cars do, so where the Seafoam directions indicate that a "tankful will do the job" they really mean "15 gallons will do the job" which is 5 tanks for us!

--Justin
DOH! :oops:

Right! 2~3 ounces per tank...

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Kechke said:
Can anyone tell me what "Seafoam" exactly is? I live in Europe and here's nothing named like that. Can anyone send a picture? :wink:

Thanks
It, as with most of the other major 'fuel system cleaners'
are a combination of checmicals to clean valves, and the internals of
the carbuertors, etc.

It consists of Isopropanol (main ingriedent in rubbing alcohol),
Naptha, and some oil (like pale oil or other wax free type oil).

Some of the other brands contain additional or substituted additives
like mineral spirits or kerosene as a cleaning agent/detergent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.