Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Honda Shadow 1100 AERO. Absolutely love my bike. Has stock Honda seat, which is OK for me by myself. I have finally talked my wife into going for some summer rides. Just wondering what is a good two-up seat for a good price? I hear Mustangs are great, but not cheap. Any others? Basically a seat that will allow two people to ride without fatigue for a few hours at a time, between gas fill-ups. Thanks !

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,395 Posts
I can vouch for the Mustang seat, so much better than the stock Phantom seat.

Corbin is another brand name I have seen thrown around.

Another option is to talk to an upholsterer about rebuilding your stock seat with new foam. I have heard folks have had good success with this route.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mustang. Once you ride one, you'll wonder how you put up with the stock seat. (Too flat)
Oddly enough, if you had an ACE, Sabre, or Spirit (same seat), I'd recommend a stock seat from an early to mid 90's Spirit. They're not bad.
And add a backrest and floorboards for your wife. She'll appreciate it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
One thing you might consider is Genuine Sheepskin Gel filled pads, and a backrest.
My backrest has been a life saver! And, I have a Genuine Sheepskin Gel pad that I use on long rides.
I think your wife would love both the Genuine Sheepskin Pad and Backrest.

If you consider Sheepskin/Gel make sure it Genuine Sheepskin and not synthetic.

I`ve heard good things about the Air
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

Hawk pad also.
'
'

'

·
Registered
2001 VT750 Shadow Spirit
297 Posts
I agree with the others about mustang seats. Love mine and so happy with the purchase.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
172 Posts
Rode with the Mustang Wide vintage touring for many years. Absolutely loved it! Replaced it with the Corbin Dual tour a couple years ago for no reason than to go with a different look. the Corbin is every good as, if not a little better , then the Mustang. Can't go wrong with either one!

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,251 Posts
Mustang seat and Progressive springs were my very 1st. mod's on my 06' VT1100C within 2,000 mi. Happy arse for 30,000 mi.

·
Registered
03 750 ACE / Michigan
436 Posts
I have the Mustang. It's excellent and worth every penny in my book. My wife agrees, the passenger pad from Honda was ridiculously bad, worse even than the main saddle was. This is the first Mustang I've had, and I am not disappointed.

I've had Corbin seats on a couple other bikes, they were also excellent. They each take a different approach to comfort. The Mustang is thick, wide, and cushy. It does stay consistent over a long ride, so you're not sinking into it and riding on the seat pan after a full day. The Corbin is much firmer but more sculpted. We've ridden for days on tours with their seats and never had a complaint. There's something to be said for real leather.

Both brands are excellently made. Unfortunately, no good seats are inexpensive.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another vote for the Mustang. I have one on my 2008 and it puts that stock seat to shame. Because it's a two piece, the passenger seat gives more support for my back. Very comfy.

·
Registered
2006 Sadow Spirit 750
14 Posts
2000 Honda Shadow 1100 AERO. Absolutely love my bike. Has stock Honda seat, which is OK for me by myself. I have finally talked my wife into going for some summer rides. Just wondering what is a good two-up seat for a good price? I hear Mustangs are great, but not cheap. Any others? Basically a seat that will allow two people to ride without fatigue for a few hours at a time, between gas fill-ups. Thanks !
Love my Mustang seat. Remember they use closed cell foam so they need to be broken in to achieve maximum comfort.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't have a eBay account or anything I get set up for sales but I'm sure I could do a PayPal or something and tell it to you what do you think of fair price is

1 - 15 of 15 Posts