Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a search.....couldnt find it, but does anyone know how to remove the seat on a shadow spirit 1100 ????

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
On my 98 you remove the bolt on the bracket on the rear fender and lift the back up and pull the tab out of the front from under the tab on the back of the tank.....like falling off a log..... :wink:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks....kinda feel like a moron, I have a sissy bar bag on the back, didnt think to look under it.

I am relocating my turn signals for saddlebags, but no one locally has the part in stock, so I spent $3.80 and bought the parts to make my own.

BUt I am on my way now, thanks again

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
ender said:
Any tricks to getting the front seat off? Did a search but no luck.... Thanks.
You have to remove the passenger seat to get to the bolts for the front seat. You will need a 5mm (or 5.5mm...don't remember) allen wrench to get the front seats bolts. Once you have those out, lift the back of the seat off the fender and pull the seat backwards.

Joe

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow! Fast response thanks. I'm putting my new Mustang seat on today. I know it's one piece vs. two. Any tricks to getting that on before I try. Any headaches you guys can clue me in on that I can avoid? :)

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
ender said:
Wow! Fast response thanks. I'm putting my new Mustang seat on today. I know it's one piece vs. two. Any tricks to getting that on before I try. Any headaches you guys can clue me in on that I can avoid? :)
It's actually easier to install than the stock 2-piece. You may find it helpful to have an extra hand. The seat pan is fairly rigid on the Mustang, and you need to put quite a bit of down force on it to secure the rear bolt. Be sure to put the nylon washer on your fender, press down on the pillion seat, use the third hand to push the chrome tab down onto the fender stud, then add the other washers and the chrome acorn nut. Go and take a long ride and wait for your butt to thank you for comfortable ride.

After a few rides, the seat pan will "mold" itself to the shape of the fender, making future removes / installs a bit easier.

Enjoy that new Mustang!

CB

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thank you so much. Got it on easy!

One question now...

Should there be about an inch gap between the tank and the seat? Everything seems solid, there's just a bigger space there than there was before. Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
ender said:
Should there be about an inch gap between the tank and the seat? Everything seems solid, there's just a bigger space there than there was before. Thanks again everyone!
Yup, that gap is normal. I really like the way the Victory motorcycle seats mold into the tank as if they were designed together.

Oh well, I guess it only matters when it's parked!

CB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts