Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Your post doesn't mention how many miles are on your ACE. If the previous owner replaced the brake pads, that could be the cause of the noise. Honda pads won't cause the noise you describe, but aftermarket pads definitely will. Stock pads make some noise when braking, but other aftermarket pads make more noise.

There is nothing wrong with what the dealer did to straighten your bars, but if it were me, I would have loosened the bolts on the risers and moved the bars back into place, then tightened the bolts to spec. Still, a little twist won't hurt them. I've had more success in getting the bars to stay put when I loosen and retighten the bolts.

If the tires on the bike are older or worn, you should consider replacing them. There is a world of difference in the handling of this bike with new tires over older, worn tires. And brand makes a big difference. Buy the best tires you can afford, and you won't be dissapointed in the slightly higher $ you spent in the long run. Dunlops are not generally considered the best tire for the ACE. Bridgestones, Pirellis, or the ever-popular Metzlers are better overall.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Good place to hang out and learn about your ACE!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.