Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey still a newbie here but i was wondering what the limits are a bending chrome exhaust pipes i'm thinking about cutting my exhaust before i goes into one welding 24" extensions on but i would like to bend them so they face the ground with a slash cut and having the top and the bottom tips side by side. If anyone works in a muffler shop and could help me out with this I would be grateful. Also i was wanting some good ideas for cleaning up the back fender and maybe counter sinking a tail light so its not protruding if you know of any lights that are good for this let me know

·
Registered
14 Posts
With out seeing what you want to do might be a bit tuff. But let me try. I would have a bend made out of tubing that would fit inside your old exhaust. The part going into you old exhaust should NOT go far inside your old exhaust because you will use a chrome clamp to cover up the heat mark from the weld. If the welder is good he or you could weld the insert from the inside and flare out the side that goes into your 24" extensions. Then look in JP cycles.com or a supplier of chrome clamps that might be wide enough to cover up the joint and the weld mark of the old and new pipes. I have done this before. The clamp i used i also use the clamp has a hanger mount to frame. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks this does help i have looked at the clamp on heat shields but want to wait till i actually weld the extensions on i guess im going to go straight pipes. i will post pictures when im done with it. already cut the muffler off and it is definitely louder and sounds great thanks for the tip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts