Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to take a better pic but here is my bike. I got a great deal on it and it came with the windshield and saddlebags. When I am riding it it seems like I am looking straight through the top edge of the windshield. Should I make an adjustment? Can I make an adjustment? Is this windshield the wrong size for me or is that just how it is?

Attachments

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
I need to take a better pic but here is my bike. I got a great deal on it and it came with the windshield and saddlebags. When I am riding it it seems like I am looking straight through the top edge of the windshield. Should I make an adjustment? Can I make an adjustment? Is this windshield the wrong size for me or is that just how it is?
You should be looking just over the fairyshield. There are techniques for trimming it, and they've been posted here, try using the search button. F'n thumbnails, here's a larger pic. Try sharing the full size img code from a photobucket account, you can even set it as your signature to show in every post.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would it be better to trim it or sell it and buy one that is the right size? Should I remove it in the mean time or is it cool as long as it isn't obstructing my view?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
It's a personal preference. I don't have a windshield or fairy shield as some call it (but I have a sissy bar, figure that one out), if your not happy with it, take it off and try riding without one.
It's your ride and you should be happy with it.
By the way, your bike looks great.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i like riding without one, but they are nice to have. I wouldn't like to look through it, i would rather be able to see over the windsheild. but it's all up to you. People come in the shop all the time with freakin huge winsheilds, so they are lookin through them. haha. but that's not how i roll. :)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
i shouldn't be lookin' through the windshield. i prefer ridin' with out one... but they sure are convenient on long trips.

·
Registered
292 Posts
any trick to installing the boulevard screen on a phantom? my hands don't seem to fit in there just right to get the two bolts in.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Even if you are looking over the screen (F'n screens belong on windows) the air will be deflected over your head. This results in most all debris, rain included missing the rider, there are exceptions though. A small deflector works just as well and isn't as obtrusive.

Like this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts