1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
My 07 Sabre had hydraulic valves.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Shadows fury wing lines are selfadjusting. The vtx 1800 lines are not but are easy to adjust. I'm not sure about the 1300 vtx.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've got a VTX 1800 and I've been told that the far rear one is a real mutha to get to.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
2005 Sabre VT1100C2 - self-adjusting

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I may be wrong but I think all the VT1100's were self adjusting, Glad mine is because I HATE having to do the valves on my dirt bike and that's MUCH easier to get to the engine on.

Dauntae

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I also thought that the 1300 was not.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've got a VTX 1800 and I've been told that the far rear one is a real mutha to get to.
I've heard that but got the chance to help a buddy with his since I have the nice fillers. It's not as bad as they make you think. But do tank tHe gas tank off. I've seen post saying leave it but don't.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
actually the 1100's are technically hydraulic "assist" and not truly self adjusting hydraulic valve tappets. good news is that they do not need adjust... usually. however any time you get into the cam covers you are supposed to use a dial indicator to see if the shimming is still correct... a pita for sure.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,437 Posts
Friends, which honda cruiser has self-adjusting valves? Happy New Year everybody!!
1100's only. Took me 30 seconds to Google the VTX's and its common knowledge here about 600/750 valve adjustments. Damn I'm good!

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
1100's only. Took me 30 seconds to Google the VTX's and its common knowledge here about 600/750 valve adjustments. Damn I'm good!

Happy New Year!
Yup, you da man! This was one of the reasons I went for the 1100 at the time ... between the lack of adjustment on the valves and the low maintenance shaft drive, it has been as simple to care for as a rock!

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,437 Posts
No just 1100 owners. Furys require adjustment also from what I've read.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The VT-1100 series do not need adjusting
The VTX series do need adjusting

Also the Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 and 1600s do not need adjusting

1 - 18 of 18 Posts