Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are trying to put a higher blend of ethanol in the gas, don't they realize that's going to be hurtful to all 2 stroke equipment and older vehicles

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Seriously, they don't care. Seriously. It's about corn production, not about what works. The need to replace damaged equipment is construed in some twisted mind as a side benefit economic stimulator.

Never mind that a gallon of gas+ethanol takes your car about as far as a gallon of gas does without ethanol...never mind that we are burning food for no reason.

Don't look for the sense in the whole ethanol thing. You won't find any.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously, they don't care. Seriously. It's about corn production, not about what works. The need to replace damaged equipment is construed in some twisted mind as a side benefit economic stimulator.

Never mind that a gallon of gas+ethanol takes your car about as far as a gallon of gas does without ethanol...never mind that we are burning food for no reason.

I thought the gas+ethanol blend you got worse mileage because ethanol doesn't create the same amount of power

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I thought the gas+ethanol blend you got worse mileage because ethanol doesn't create the same amount of power

I didn't word that clearly and you are right...1 gallon of gas carries you about as far as 1.1 gallons of gas+ethanol because of the drop in mileage. There is practically no value in putting ethanol in gas.

·
Registered
16,832 Posts
SERIOUSLY : MORE LAWS???

Join the fight!
Join ABATE in your state!!!
AMA, MRF, NCOM
These Motorcyclists rights groups NEED YOU!!!!

Some news releases from MRF

13NR42 - MRF News Release - NHTSA Chief Resigns
13NR41 - MRF News Release - Motorcycle Riders Foundation Testifies Before Environmental Protection Agency
13NR40 - MRF News Release - It’s a Wired World After All
13NR39 - MRF News Release - EPA proposal would require less ethanol to be produced in 2014
13NR38 - MRF News Release - CDC Task Force to Recommend Mandatory Helmet Laws
13NR37 - MRF News Release - Thank You Veterans
13NR36 - MRF News Release - Petri Letter Extension
13NR35 - MRF News Release - Illinois State Legislature Puts the Heat on Congress
13NR34 - MRF News Release - Congress Limps Back to Work
13NR33 - MRF News Release - The Motorcycle Riders Foundation Releases its Legislative Strategy Agenda for 2013-2014
13NR32 - MRF News Release - Federal Shut Down & Petri Letter
13NR31 - MRF News Release - 2013 MRF Meeting of the Minds Awards
13NR30 - MRF News Release - The Motorcycle Riders Foundation Announces Letter to the CDC from the United States Congress.
13NR29 - It is almost time!
13NR28 - MRF News Release - Feds to Motorcyclists: Pump E-15 into your bike and go to jail.
13NR27 - Meeting of the Minds Registration Deadline
13NR26 - MRF News Release - Congress Takes a Break, You Should Take Advantage.
13NR25 - MRF News Release - Motorcycle Only Checkpoint
13NR24 - MRF News Release - United States Senate confirmed Anthony Foxx as the new Secretary of Transportation
13NR23 - MRF News Release - Privacy Problems & Congressional Motorcycle Caucus
13NR22 - MRF News Release - Bikers Inside the Beltway 2013
13NR21 - MRF News Release - The MOTORCYCLE RIDERS FOUNDATION AWARENESS & EDUCATION, INC. (MRFA&E) has been invited to present the "3Rs Impaired Riding Campaign" at the 2013 State Motorcycle Safety Administrators National Summit.
13NR20 - MRF News Release - Bikers Inside The Beltway National Lobby Day - Update
13NR19 - MRF News Release - Motorcycle Only Checkpoint Introduced

·
Registered
16,832 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Write to your senators and congressman(woman) and tell them you don't want ruin your engines (of all sorts). Also that you don't want to burn food in your gas tank.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

Oh crap! Don't get me started.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys ought to crawl out of your holes now and then.
EPA proposes cut in ethanol mandate, handing victory to oil - Erica Martinson - POLITICO.com

The current movement is away from a stricter ethanol mandate, in part for economic reasons and in part for reasons of suitability for older engines. I think you can stop fretting now.

Unless you enjoy it.:lol:
I had just seen it on the news this mornig about more ethanol. Avrnt had time to follow up on it yet

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
EPA proposes cut in ethanol mandate, handing victory to oil - Erica Martinson - POLITICO.com

The current movement is away from a stricter ethanol mandate, in part for economic reasons and in part for reasons of suitability for older engines. I think you can stop fretting now.

Unless you enjoy it.:lol:
If they are proposing cuts, it's only because of the very vocal "fretting" of both consumers and businesses. You are right in that we should be aware of where the situation stands, but letting up on the pressure to make sensible decisions about these things will only lead to further insanity. It's not handing a "victory to oil", it's handing a victory to everyone except those that believe corn is better fuel than food.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,210 Posts
I didn't word that clearly and you are right...1 gallon of gas carries you about as far as 1.1 gallons of gas+ethanol because of the drop in mileage. There is practically no value in putting ethanol in gas.
No, that's not right. Ethanol has a third less energy than gasoline so a 10% ethanol blend gets you as far as 1.03 gallons of gasoline -- only 3% less.

That's not right, either. The EPA is still pushing 15% ethanol blend but at the same time reducing the total number of gallons of ethanol that must be blended into the fuel supply.

How can that make any sense?

Simple. Back in 2007, when the target was set for the total number of gallons of ethanol that the fuel industry would be required to use in 2013 and beyond, they expected us to be using a lot more gasoline than we are. If the total-gallon minimum was enforced, the fuel industry would be forced to sell blends of 20% to 30% ethanol.

So your post, MikeB, is basically equivalent to saying "Bananas are yellow so don't worry about green apples." Maybe you should crawl out of your hole every now and then to actually read the content behind the headlines you see. :p Like maybe this one: Copious Corn Harvest Boosts Ethanol Production | NACS Online – News & Media Center – News Archive

The EPA is now fretting what consumers and businesses have to say. They have their anti-business, anti-consumer agenda that they are seeking to force down our throats. What they are fretting is any crap they get from Congress or the White House -- both of which are pressured by the corn industry that is upset that prices have fallen from the all-time-record highs seen earlier this year.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,210 Posts
The last paragraph of my post should start with "The EPA is not fretting..."

For some reason, I can't type and the board won't let me edit that post.

·
Registered
520 Posts
We the people of the so called freeland. Lost are rights years ago when voteing didnt mean nothing. Case in point we people might vote for something win but the states get only a limited number of votes.

In other words its dont make a diffrents what we say or do because we dont have money to run what we belive or truth is.

So we can try to stop E 83 or E82 from happening but the truth, is we dont have to money to wave it around to stop it.

I spoke on peoples terms if you read or watch the new you know the richer you are the more your listen to. The government owns us due to money speaking.

Im just,waiting for them to baned car trivel and tell us what to drive how to where to work etc.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
The EPA is now fretting what consumers and businesses have to say. They have their anti-business, anti-consumer agenda that they are seeking to force down our throats. What they are fretting is any crap they get from Congress or the White House -- both of which are pressured by the corn industry that is upset that prices have fallen from the all-time-record highs seen earlier this year.
Somewhat muddled logic here, and perhaps some cognitive dissonance. Are you saying that the EPA supports the ethanol mandate, or that the agency is "fretting" pressure from the White House and Congress to support the mandate? Can't be both.

In any case the EPA is an executive agency which does not have a separate "agenda" outside the scope of its organic act. Executive agencies carry out the wishes of the executive branch under the oversight and with budget appropriations from the Congress. Demonizing the Agency as anti-business and anti-consumer is simply more uninformed nonsense fresh from the drug-fueled oinkings of Rush Limbaugh.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts