Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i need some help here. Can anyone tell me what cover goes between the backrest and the tail light? I baught the bike like this and the owner did not know what went there. If someone could help give a part number or explain what i need. Thanks!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heres a pic. Its an 83 vt 500 shadow. Baught from friend that just left it sitting in his front yard for the past year. I rescued this bike and was rattle canned "flat black" with flaming skull stickers on it. My dad and i do auto body repair and painted it a custom color. Its actually a chevrolet color called Merlot pearl. Then we actually added some voilet flake into the clear coat. You cant tell in the pictures but looks really cool in the son. Im located in Northwest Ohio. :D

Attachments

· Registered
177 Posts
Nice red. Very close to the factory color of the day.
For you info, I get between 55-62 mpg. Sixth gear is a true overdrive most useful for highway cruising (not passing). The bike becomes a totally different animal once you get it over 5,000 rpm. Have fun with it.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will. I love the 6th gear. I havnt got to ride it but one day (to bring her home) and loved it. I used to have an 83 CX500 and honestly can say this one takes the cake. Much quicker and the CX only had 5 gears. It was screaming down the highway at around 6,000 rpm. But that was the nature of the beast. Cant say the same with the shadow. Much quieter, more laid back and more agile for sure. Seems like it would keep up with most bikes too. I ride harleys and my buddys crotch rocket and can say it would ride well with both groups.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.