Honda Shadow Forums banner

shadow 750 spirit......Hydrocharger?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  gaillarry1 
#1 ·
hey kids - anyone out there have a shadow spirit 750 (mines an '06, titanium flame) with an add-on kurkyn(sp) hypercharger? i guess a company called thundermfg. makes an adapter kit....bu i wanna know what to expect this new component to do performance-se befoew i plunk down $500 - can anyone offer advice? thanks loads! patrick

#4 ·
Re: er

bankerbiker said:
yep, the term hypercharger wux what i was grasping for. i read somebody put one on their shadow 750 and had to retune the carb and all sorts of fuss - never heard anything like that?
Well, From what I've heard, some people say it works great and some say it doesn't, some people said they had no problems with rejetting it to work right, and some said it's taken up to 10 hours to get it running right.

The dyno graphs show around a 2 hp increase and a 3-4 tq increase, It's more about it's looks then a power increase (atleast for the 750's)

#5 ·
I dont know for sure, but I had thought about putting one on my SS750. Then I read somewhere that it's not ideal if you are riding in the rain. I spend way too much time in wet weather, so I decided it wasnt worth the hassle.

YMMV

Yall ride safe...
TJ

#6 ·
hypercharger

Ya I have one on my 06 spirit. Now it was installed before i got the bike, but i know it was rejetted mainly i think because of the vance and hines pipes. But the only problem that i have is when it gets colder out it tends to cough a bit when holding it at a constant lower rpms. But it does get and go when u crack the throttle. of cource with the charger it allows more air into the engine and thus the coughing jsut may need a littel more fuel. hope this helps.

Keep the shiny side up and ride safe

#7 ·
hypercharger

hey shadow 3 - thanks for the feedback. i have read that there can be some tinkering with the air/fuel mixture after install. but i like to hear what you said about response when you crack the juice. and with some cool color butterfly valves on that sucker, it'll look like something out of mad max. i love it. :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.