Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad day it was a few weeks ago. 30 seconds after leaving my work parking lot some dumb little girls not paying attention crossed over two lanes and knocked me off.
Im not going to go into details but I will let everyone know that the bike will live to ride again.
There is some pretty big damage but nothing major. New bars,right hand controls and a foot pad and she can ride.
So I do apologize if I posted or commented and new replied ive been a little busy with insurance stuff.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
405 Posts
Isn't the insurance part of it fun? After my accident in March, it was pretty much a full time job filling out form after form, in between surgeries and therapy and sleeping. Glad you walked away from it!

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
accidents suck, I'm glad your OK. ;)

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
Make sure to go to court when the "little girls" make their appearance before the judge...

I`d carry parts of the motorcycle that were damaged into the courtroom with me...
;)

Merry Christmas
Dennis

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Glad you and the Shadow will rise again. In hindsight, was there any possible escape route you could think of? I'm trying to learn as many tricks as possible, but sometimes there is no escape from girls-gone-wild.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Glad you are ok. I don't understand what happened though. Two little girls ran across traffic and into your bike and it knocked you over?

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
They must of been some BIG girls. Back home we call them buffarillos... that's buff-a-rill-Os

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
if I had a penny for every stupid thing I've seen done by people in cages I'd have about $10. I just recently had to move and I hate the new area, way too many bars and drunks on the road plus the roads are in poor shape.

·
Registered
563 Posts
an accident that you can walk away from is a good thing.
Amen to that!

Glad you're OK. I got sideswiped in my cage by a texting teenage girl last year. I was thanking the Lord I wasn't on the bike that day.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Went for a ride today, had been so long I forgot what it was like getting cut off every 5 seconds. My middle finger got a workout today.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Glad you're OK. Bikes are either fixable or replaceable. You . . . not so much.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Been there but I wasn't the one on the bike. Wife's brother was using her Shadow when a car load of perps ran him off the road in a police chase situation in Palm Bay last Feb.

Lots of road rash & 17 stitches to bro in law {he's all healed up} & a bunch of RH side damage to wife's Shadow.
Fixed it & decided to keep it home rather than let him keep using it.
Threw in some modifications too & it turned out real nice!

Felt guilty about not taking it back to him as he was using it due to some hard times so I bought him another bike. Win -win as now he has his own paid for bike & Kim has her first bike back.
Hey, it's a Yammy Virago but it was super clean & only had 20,000 miles!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The girls crossed a lane of traffic into the side of me.
Is there anything I could have done. Not really. I could of avoided the car but I would havr put myslef into the curb.

Yeah the insurance is a part time job. With faxing crap. Calls after calls. Keeping tract of everything stinks.

I am thankful to be alright and same with the bike. As well as the rest of you that have made it through ok too. For those ones and the bikes that have not, im sorry at your happy in two wheel heaven

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts