1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
Already? Depresses me even more than it being dark at 5 pm now. (the snow and the fact that I DO NOT have a snow blower).
Got new tires when inspection came in October. Thought I would get some weekend rides in. Got out once, and the temps are plummeting each week. Hoping for a sunny day over 40°F so I can at least get out for a half hour or so. Doesn't look good.
My neighbor has a billion acorns in his yard and the deer have been feasting to the tune of me having 15-20 'resting' in my side yard when I leave for work at 430am. Last time that happened was one of our worse winters ever...😐

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sorry for the bad news. I went for a ride to work today. I hit the freeway and blew the bike out a bit. It was running great and I guess I was running on fumes. I put 3.94 gallons of gas in it. I thought the Spirit 1100 only has a 3.8 gallon tank.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
It is not meant to work like this!
We get the same weather systems, so Phil puts his bike away and then the weather gets nice around here for a few days.
That's how it's meant to happen and it's not! I can't express how upset I am!
That is how it is meant to work!
Obviously the global weather machine is broken!
I even put on my "Make the Weather Nice Again" hat, what a waste of money that was!

Now I'm going to have to winterize my bike this week, I only hope it still fixes the weather for other people....somewhere.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just put my vt600 away this week. Seeing snow on the ground in Buffalo was enough to tell me it was time. She's up on jacks and ready for her hibernation! See ya in the spring babe!

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I feel for you guys! I'm in Salt Lake City UT. Our winters are pretty extreme. I ride all year. I just can't put my bikes away and let them sit all winter. I won't! I don't know how you do it!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just can't put my bikes away and let them sit all winter. I won't! I don't know how you do it?
If I had more room in my garage I wouldn't winterize the bike either, and still ride it certain winter days when it's dry. A lot of bikers in Michigan do that; I just don't have that luxury.
My motorcycle has to go in the shed out back during the winter. I have a small, two-car attached garage and first priorities are my '89 Mustang and my wife's daily driver car. My daily driver stays out all year but in the summer months so does my wife's car. The Mustang and the motorcycle are top priority during the warm months for easy access. Unfortunately, pulling the bike out of the shed for a quick winter ride is out of the question 'cause it's such a big hassle to get at it and then return it to storage. So I'm done riding for a few months!
Phil

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
If I had more room in my garage I wouldn't winterize the bike either, and still ride it certain winter days when it's dry. A lot of bikers in Michigan do that; I just don't have that luxury.
My motorcycle has to go in the shed out back during the winter. I have a small, two-car attached garage and first priorities are my '89 Mustang and my wife's daily driver car. My daily driver stays out all year but in the summer months so does my wife's car. The Mustang and the motorcycle are top priority during the warm months for easy access. Unfortunately, pulling the bike out of the shed for a quick winter ride is out of the question 'cause it's such a big hassle to get at it and then return it to storage. So I'm done riding for a few months!
Phil
We have a single car garage. It houses our 4 bikes and I do all my wrenching in there. My wife's Murano(daily driver)lives outside and my Suburban lives at my work for when I need it there. My daily driver is my bike even in winter unless there is ice on the road. I really hate driving period. When we do cage it I always ride shotgun.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I don't have a garage. Not even a driveway. So I never really put up my bike for the winter.

I make sure it's clean enough, put some stabilizer in, and covered.

If a tolerable riding day shows up (Tolerable = Not necessarily warm, but not too cold for my winter riding gear, there's no chance of road ice, and if I'm motivated enough), then I'll take the bike out.

It's a rare winter that I don't get at least some riding every month.

But I'll be dreaming of Spring the whole time. ;)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Here in Ohio 1-3 inches of snow is predicted, rather alarmist as I expect just a dusting. Nonetheless yesterday was the last perfect bike day. So I drove an hour north on a whim to see a Valkyrie listed on Craigs. So when the check clears I need to venture out again and drive my new Valk home.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Here in Ohio 1-3 inches of snow is predicted, rather alarmist as I expect just a dusting. Nonetheless yesterday was the last perfect bike day. So I drove an hour north on a whim to see a Valkyrie listed on Craigs. So when the check clears I need to venture out again and drive my new Valk home.
Pics?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hah. I should have taken pics as I inspected it. I mentioned to the seller that the online craigslist ad expired and all his pics had disappeared. So he went inside and grabbed a framed picture off the wall (scan below). This is all I have for now, more photos when I pick it up (or the snow ends, LOL). It has 9300 miles, all original, stock everything, pretty much showroom condition.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Bah! No storage, just waiting for the next thaw. An inch of snow on the ground now and mid 40s and rain this time next week. I'll be riding again soon!

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Hah. I should have taken pics as I inspected it. I mentioned to the seller that the online craigslist ad expired and all his pics had disappeared. So he went inside and grabbed a framed picture off the wall (scan below). This is all I have for now, more photos when I pick it up (or the snow ends, LOL). It has 9300 miles, all original, stock everything, pretty much showroom condition.
View attachment 283633
Gorgeous! I love them fat girls! Still my dream bike!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yea, snowing like a pup here in Buffalo. I'm not giving up yet though. I can usually get into early December before I have to lock it up. I have two Summer cars too. Everything is just in limbo for a moment until this snow goes away.
Fingers crossed .......

·
Registered
218 Posts
Cold and snow here today too. Bike has been winterized and put on a trickle charger waiting for a nice Spring day. When I started riding it was "won't ride if it's under 30".... then "not if it's under 40"... followed by "not if it's under 50". I'm now at the "won't ride if it's under 60" stage. Next thing you know I'll be winterizing my bike in July....

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've come to learn that I don't mind tucking mine away every fall to bed...builds excitement for the spring and the bike feels like a new experience again year after year.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Gorgeous! I love them fat girls! Still my dream bike!
me too. Good day to ride today so I went and got the bike. This one is in showroom condition, not a speck on the chrome and it is rock solid on the interstate. Clean and polish is next but that should not take much as it is not really that dusty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
me too. Good day to ride today so I went and got the bike. This one is in showroom condition, not a speck on the chrome and it is rock solid on the interstate. Clean and polish is next but that should not take much as it is not really that dusty.
View attachment 283697 View attachment 283698 View attachment 283699 View attachment 283700
...I want a Valkyrie sooooooooooooooo bad to be a big brother to my Sabre. They are great looking bikes. What is the seat height on that one?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Seat is 29.1 inches. More relevant is I sit lower on the Valk then on my ACE1100. Dry weight is 714 pounds, lighter than I first thought. You are right about the stunning looks but you need to drive this smooth six with amazing torque.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts