Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Shadow Phantom and I just ordered my Easy Brackets, but I don't know which bags will fit correctly with my bike. Can you post a picture of your bike (with Saddlebags) with the exact bags brand/model, so I will be able to see what the bags looks like on the motorcycle (it's difficult to imagine when you only see the saddlebags on the website!).

I'm looking for bags that can be hard mount (Easy Brackets), not throw over.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here's a pic of my bike with Saddlemen bags. I bought them at Amazon
Both the bags are ripping from opening. I just bought 2 50cal ammo cans I'm going to have painted to match my bike and replace the bags.

·
Registered
47 Posts
2011 phantom with leatherlyke saddlebags

i just got these and installed them myself. except for a couple times i wished my husband was there to help..... (jiggling bike to get all the holes lined up). FYI, the instructions are so-so and didn't note to re-install the fender guard. the picture was better.

i chose leatherlyke because they were hard sided and lockable. that said, they wouldn't stop someone from pulling them off or ripping into the top if they wanted to, just a deterrent. they were pretty expensive, but i'm very happy with them! :p

IMG_20120724_194611.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks

These pictures are before my wreck, but it gets the point across lol.. I like them, they are roomier than what i had on my Rebel250, enough for 5 school books in one, and my leather jacket/jeans in the other without a problem.
I realize this is from 8 years ago, but this is the only picture I can find of a Phantom with the hard saddle bags. Do you know what size the bags were? (small, med, large)
I notice that you didn't have to relocate your tail lights.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like those Leatherlyke contemporary bags in the one pic. I've had 3 set of those over the years, 2 having been on my 750 Aces. They don't use the ghost brackets though. 2 posts on your fender bolts and clips, still quick on/off. and no brackets left behind. Good seals too, never had anything get wet.

Edit: I'll add one set has been down twice and still intact. They're tougher than you think.

Edit: good thing they are tough... , their web site is gone :(

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
That's sad to see, maybe it reflects the slump in new cruiser sales.

I have no idea on the type of plastic they are made out of but they are definitely are tough.
Mine got clipped hard by a bumper in the driveway and there was more damage to the car bumper cover than to the bag, the small scrape mark buffed out of the bag.
I considered the bags overpriced for the simplicity of the construction, but mine came with the bike along with a bunch of other accessories so I don't think I paid much and the sticker inside dated back to the original owner so somewhere around 20 years old and other than the leather on the conchos looking a bit ratty they still look presentable.

If anybody finds a set for their specific bike I can recommend them even if they are now orphans.
With the exception of the mount bolts I think all the hardware is pretty much available at a well equipped hardware store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts