Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just changed out the orings on my cross over tube I lost a good bit of coolant as expected . when I added coolant to the bottle it didnt take neer as much as I lost from the engine do I just run the engine until I need to add more ?

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
You'll probably need to remove the cap, fill the radiator, and burp it to get the air out.

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
Remove your cap, add coolant, start bike and let it warm up blipping the throttle a bit, top off coolant in radiator as needed as it warms and expels air, reinstall cap and after it cools top off reservoir to the full cold line and you should be good to go. If you don't have a service manual, you need to get one. They're readily available and the most important tool you can own for you're bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for the help :) that leak has been a pain for some time now . Got it back together now ! thank you to everyone for the info on this coolant leak I didnt know where to go with this problem. all ride safe and have a happy thanksgiving

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got to love that radiator, keeps the bike cool but when you need it the most there is always a coolant leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts