Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I looked at a C50 last week. It was used so I am not sure how 'stock' it was.
I did not like the way it sat as much as I did my Shadow 750. I think it was in the handlebar angle or style. It was not uncomfortable, it just felt 'off.' I am not sure what It was I just did not feel as comfortable on it.

I like the larger Yamaha's, but I have not tried out the 650's.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just got a C50 a couple months ago. For me it's a lot more comfortable than my (former) 83 Shadow. I think the newer Shadows are somewhat larger and would probable be fine for me.
The 750 Shadow seems to have a bit more torque than the C50 and I miss the 6th gear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Both are great bikes. I've got an Aero 750 equiped with Hondaline windshield, sissy bar and Cobra engine guard. My son has a 06 Suzuki C50.
Around here the Suzuki costs about $600 more than the factory "dressed" Aero touring model. The C50 has a few pluses and minus when compared to the Aero. The heel toe shifter, floorboards and big rear brake pedal are pluses. The C50 has a more comfortable seat and can accommodate taller riders better than the Aero. Bigger, floppier saddlebags than the Aero, but not as styled to the contours of the bike.The fuel injection is probably a plus but the buzzing fuel pump annoys me a bit.
I think the Suzuki has better low end grunt but the Aero is better in the mid range. Both handle, brake and ride similarly although I think the Aero feels bigger.
The big Hondaline is better than the factory Suzuki windshield for cold weather riding. I find the Suzuki floorboards are more comfortable than the Aero pegs on a long ride. Whitewalls and tubeless tires came with the Suzuki. No reserve tank on the Suzuki - only a low fuel idiot light. Nicer speedo and fuel tank on the Suzuki than the Aero. Four valvers per cylinder versus three on the Aero. Dual exhausts on the Suzuki as opposed to the big single can on the Aero.
Both are nice bikes for the entry level cruiser market. It's really just a matter of which one has the appeal and the right feel for you. By the way, both bikes are liquid cooled shaft drive.
Oh ya, the Suzuki also needs 91 octane.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Of the three, I'd give a slight nod to the V-Star 650 classic. My wife owns one and I've ridden it maybe 200 miles. Floor boards, self cancelling turn signals, shaft drive, handles nice, decent power for its size. Next would be the Honda.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Jimbo:
A riding buddy of ours owns a C50 and we rode a 750 Shadow Spirit until recently. Both are very good bikes.

To us, the C50 seems bigger and more comfortable. The Spirit seemed to have a bit more "scat."

Both will cruise the highway with no problems one up.

We trudge on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.