Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes I think I shall, keep in mind this though, it includes a tirade against other vehicles is very much motorcycle related... First, anyone who knows me knows I am a vocal advocate for freedom to modify your machine, whatever it may be within the limit of the law, and I am also a proponent of working to change bad/ excessively restrictive laws pertaining to the modifications you can or cannot do.

I also understand that there is such a thing as reasonable noise and I have no qualms with that, a reasonable person understands that a group of vehicles with modified pipes going by is going to be a little loud

It is however the unreasonable noise that pisses everyone, myself included off..i. groups of 5 or more,doing burnouts, drag racing, wheelies etc in a residential area when residents are trying to sleep, disorderly conduct by the way is against the law at any time night or day. There are nights when these idiots gather up to 40 vehicles starting around 9:00 pm and continuing sometimes as late as 2:30 am.

Sorry pal but your rust bucket 84 Ford F25O really doesnt sound all that hot with it's knocking engine all all. And you Mr fast and furious, hear that backfiring when you slam you four banger to the red line? That my friend is a sign of future trouble, not that I car I hope you blow the mill and chunks of firey metal come flying through the hood, ruining your stupid lime green color scheme and your 35 inch go nowhere wheels buckle under the commotion!.

Well when you piss me off, I act and am currently working with the police ( read kicking them in the ass because their response has been less then uh, stellar) heck I have already involved the mayor, which is why the police actually called me back so they could discuss the area involved. We shall see where this leads, I will be watching, observing and keeping log,yes I will follow up if I am not seeing change.

I am all for fun and yeah I have made my fair share of noise in the past and I certainly will again, not in a residential area though, and not after 9:00 pm, heck I am old and need my beauty sleep. So do others around here, many who are elderly many of whom I know and care about.

Don't like people calling cops on you, don't like being "harassed" well here's a clue, stop acting like ass wipes and start action like humans, heck scratch that , the way most humans act these days you are already there.. aim higher I guess.

Keep this in mind, there will always be people who will bitch about anything and everything, but before you decide that those who may be bitching about noise in your area are just grumps. make sure you aren't giving them cause. Rights and privileges can and have been taken away because of abuse, matters not if it is fireworks , cell phones or loud pipes, better to be self moderating then to have to have others do it for you.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I hear you Dave. Being considerate of others is virtually a thing of the past with the "Me" generation.

·
Registered
205 Posts
heck I am old and need my beauty sleep.
Dude, it ain't workin'. Just funnin' ya :mrgreen:

I would like to sit outside on my front lawn with a bazooka when the Honda Civics with the fart can exhausts and the boom-boom music come by my house. And that's morning, noon or night. It's beyond annoying.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
I had an issue with the punks with jap cars with fart can mufflers and boom boom boxes for a year plus in my neighborhood. The very first time that one of these little *******s saw me out in my driveway with a camcorder, it all stopped. It was almost immediate. I was afraid of reprisals but, I just got fed up sick and tired of the bullshit and was trying to get footage to take to the city council. Well, it never got that far. They stopped and it's been quiet around here for almost a year now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dave, you have to learn to stop bottling up your emotions like this. You have to let it out. Let us all know what you really think, don't worry, you're among friends here. Did ya ever think that that's what made you CRAZY !?!?!?

All in fun, dude. btw I wholeheartedly agree about tha noise...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feel ya dude. Half my town's under construction; seriously, two major north-south thoroughfares have either closures, detours, or reduced lanes. Well, I live on a north-south street in a quiet residential neighborhood...that happens to connect two major east-west thoroughfares. There are only three stop signs between said major roads, so the challenge here is to see how fast you can wind your ricer/pavement princess/crotch rocket between 'em. If I could just get my hands on a spike strip....

I'll be honest, I've participated in more than one street drag (always impromptu...the whole Fast And Furious-gather-in-a-parking-lot bit is really pretty retarded), and I've pinned the speedo on my old Ford many a time. But I kept that behavior away from people's homes. And I've thrown a drag or two because it just wasn't safe, and I'd rather let that little ricer tool get his laughs than risk damage to anyone or anything. My '73 LTD and my '89 Blazer both have custom exhaust, but neither is so loud as to draw attention.

Like Dave said, they only make this stuff illegal when people start making nuisances of themselves.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Find a nice spot to hide, and take some shots with a good long range BB gun. Do it every time these idiots show up. After a couple of nights of that they will get the point, and move the party elsewhere, and if they don't at least the festivities will now be fun for you as well. :lol:

·
Registered
228 Posts
right on mr dave

those confounded stero boom systems i can hear a 1/2 mi away

i would prefer something to lob at them a little heavier than paintballs

maybe a good time to build a spud gun;-)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Common courtesy/sense is out the window these days. I’d probably think better of it but wouldn’t it be fun to throw a handful of nails out there just before the festivities. Once they go through a few sets of tires they would move on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have been looking for a small EMP generator that is highly directional. Every time one of those thumping bistards come by, fry all the electronics and watch the show. Back in the CB days, I had a friend who used to talk skip around the world. He had rigged a 500 watt CB to do that. He owned a liquor store. I was visiting one day and he was talking to some skirt and someone with an amp kept stepping on his conversation. He got into an argument with him and asked the guy to pull over at the liquor store and he would meet him there to settle it. We were watching through the glass as he pulled in and bragged bring it on. He winked at me and kicked in his amp and said "Here I am". We cracked up as they piled out of the smoking car...

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I don't mind the stereos... ****, my Tracker has a 1000W amp with a pair of 10" subs in the back... I do mind the crazy fast driving in people's neighborhoods, 'cuz there's too big a chance of somebody getting hurt - a kid, a driver just trying to get home, or a speed-driven loss of control resulting in somebody's house getting smashed into.

This wasn't from racing, but it was from being drunk: Family Says Miracle Saved Teen When SUV Crashed Into Bedroom - News Story - KXLY Spokane

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BTW shooting a moving/occupied car with a Paintball Gun or BB Gun is a Felony but we wont go into how I know that.Lets just say dont do it.

Trust me I have no intentions of it. My intention is to keep gentle pressure on the police, along with a bit of diplomacy in order to encourage them to do what they should be doing. I already had a nice chat with the second office to call me yesterday ( he was 2nd shift commander ) and he was more then willing to tell me that they want to work with me in solving this.. remind me I gotta stop by and thank my mayor.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.