Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted before... I did a search in the old posts - I also read the sticky at the top of the forum, but can't find the answer...

My '87 V1100C died this morning. I brought it home from the shop (Honda dealer) last night after having them give it the once-over (ended up replacing both brakes, front rotor, oil plugs, etc); the ride home felt a bit "odd"... Like the engine was running "loose" - I can't really think of any other way to describe it. I let it idle for a few minutes when I got it home, revved it a few times - everything seemed fine.

This morning, started it up no problem, but it was't running right - very slow idle... Put it in gear, started to roll, and could not get any revs out of it at all. Just kind of "popped" along. Got it to the end of my street, turned around and sat hoping it just needed to warm up a bit. Still no revs... Put it in gear, let out the clutch... Boom. Nothing.

Tried to restart - nothing. No lights, no solenoid "click", nothing.

Dead battery? Doesn't REALLY make sense as nothing weird happened between 5:00 last night and 6:30 this morning... The mechanic said he found nothing else wrong with the bike...

What else might it be? Any ideers?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts