Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I put one on the rear this spring. So far no complaints. I haven't rode in any heavy rain but it was fine in light rain. I like it well enough that I'm going put one the front this fall.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was told to stay away them, I can't remember why exactly though.

I'm happy with my Kenda's though.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
A buddy has one on the font, he loves it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have Shinkos on my 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1. The Advance 005 120/70/17 front was put on last March 2011 by Triangle Cycles (local dealership) because the previous front tire had dry rot. So now, I have matching Shinko Advance 005 front and 190/50/17 rear. The rear was already on the bike since 2007 and it had been sitting in the garage until march (no bike stands). No flat spots or dry rot at all from the rear Shinko. When I need to replace my tires for the R1, I'll more than likely go with the same ones, unless I get a really really good deal on another brand.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I read somewhere where Shinko was the only company putting real money into R&D for cruiser tires. I'm running Metzlers now but will look at Shinko next year.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I had a shinko on last year. Got me about 7-8k out of it. It was a great tire just didn't last. Did well in the rain and road snakes until the tread got low.

T.C.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put two on at start of the year love them been in fair rain and did good only about 1500 miles and still looking great don't know how many miles get out of them yet but handle nice.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Anyone run them?
Any opinions?
I also have been looking at the Shinko SR734R Cruiser Tire (rear tire) dang good price(also have to get a tube for it) got spoke rims also a rim strip , total only $94.73 with shipping from MotorcyclesuperStore.com What size you running? I got a 160-80-15 rear tire , thinking of going to a 150-80-15 (don't think I can get a 170-80-15 on there to tight) on a chainer! The 150 is only 1/4" narrower!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts