Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking that I want to try the rear sprocket mod on my 2002 VT600 VLX. I've decided to try the 41 tooth sprocket. I've read that JT Sprockets are good so that's what I'm shopping for. I believe the sprocket part number I need is JTR1332.41. So now when shopping for that sprocket I find different sprocket designs under that same part number. This has me confused.

JT 41T Rear Sprocket 525 for Honda VT600CD Shadow VLX Deluxe 1993 2007 | eBay

and

JT Sprockets Steel Rear Sprocket 41T Honda CMX450C GB500 CB750 CB400F CB 1 | eBay

Both of these ads list the same part number but they are not the same design. So will either one work? Does it matter?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after reading further down into the ads it does say the sprocket you receive may look different than the one shown in the ad but will be the correct one for my bike so I guess the photos don't mean a whole lot.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
You are correct. Both will work. I purchased the first one. I was pleased with the difference in acceleration with a miniscule loss of fuel millage.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
I`ve bought sprockets with holes and solid ones too, I ain`t figured it out???
Same sprocket/different design, as you say...
;)
I like JT products!

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
In running a 38 tooth in the back of my Spirit and Love It. :)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
In running a 38 tooth in the back of my Spirit and Love It. :)

The spirit has a different ratio set up so that's why you can run the 38. I think the spirit has a 41 tooth as stock. The VLX has a 44 stock so they are different set ups. So you dropped 3 teeth just as I am planning to do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
614 Posts
I put in the JT Sprocket 41T and it is one of my favorite things I have done. You will have to relearn your shift points. It seems to have the same take off power it had before I just stay in each gear longer and running at highway speeds the rpm's are lower

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.