Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to plan some group rides for this summer and would like to have a short prayer before the rides. Is there any kind of "bikers prayer"? Keep in mind, something short. Anyone have any thoughts of this? Thanks

· Registered
632 Posts
You will get many good replies to this question I'm sure . I just address God, thank him for the ride, ask him for safety and whatever else I feel, close the prayer in the name of Jesus Christ. Whatever it is from the heart is always good. :wink:

· Registered
2,349 Posts
Here's mine:

Dear Lord, thank you for all the blessings of this day and all the wonders you have given us. Please Lord, as we ride, sharpen our minds, our eyes and our reflexes so that we may ride safely and do no harm too ourselves or too others and Lord if we should fail in that as we so often do without your help, please wrap us in your loving embrace and protect us from injury and harm. In our Savior's name we ask you this...

Christopher is correct though that the prayers that please Him the most come from the heart. The above may help you get started though.

· Registered
324 Posts
Read Psalm 121, it's my favorite.

Psalm 121

A song of ascents.

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

· Registered
8,119 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
do you ride with a group of like-minded religious folks? if not, i think it would be curteous to ask if it was ok for a group prayer in the first place.
Very good thought. Christians sometimes forget that non church goer's look at these type of prayer sessions as someone ramming religion down their throat and can turn some people off in the process.

I myself would never ask for everyone to pray before a ride unless it was a group ride from a church or I asked them first. Otherwise, I pray silently.

Chris

· Registered
549 Posts
Christopher said:
mountain bike mike said:
do you ride with a group of like-minded religious folks? if not, i think it would be curteous to ask if it was ok for a group prayer in the first place.
Very good thought. Christians sometimes forget that non church goer's look at these type of prayer sessions as someone ramming religion down their throat and can turn some people off in the process.

I myself would never ask for everyone to pray before a ride unless it was a group ride from a church or I asked them first. Otherwise, I pray silently.

Chris
thank you, chris. that's all we, the non-religious types, ask of the christians...just keep the religion to yourselves unless you're asked to share.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.