Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an offer for $4500 on my 2007 Sabre. kbb lists $4360 for an excellent condition bike. Their condition includes an expected $34k miles. My bike is near showroom. There are like two stone chips on the fender edge that I have touched up, still slightly visible but that's it, and my bike has 60xx miles. I added a cheap sissy bar, so all is stock.

It's probably a dumb question because it's not likely to sell this winter otherwise and next year I'll be fighting kbb even more.

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Nooooooooooo! Get it back.. Oh, what did yooooo doooooooo!?.. :(

Just kidding ;) .. Nicely played.. :) ...Are you getting the FJR, or are you planning to buy your old bike back for a cool 6 Grand?

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While we are not as happy as the buyer, there is no freakin way I'd buy that pig back for 6 grand. Actually, I gave that bike every bit of love I had to give. It was literally still in showroom condition.

I love powerful motorcycles. I'm wondering if an FJR is going to be enough. Maybe I should go for the Busa, or R1? There's a nice R1 on CL right now for seven grandages...

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To make sure you're not late for your own funeral???
Everybody faces the same hazards on the road. No reason to slam someone's choice of ride, especially with such a suggestion. Karma has its way. We all wish each other the best of luck, to live to ride yet another day. I really hope you resolve your burned leg issue, and most of all that you find many miles of joyful riding, and that you never go down.

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I loved my R1 but I found that my FZ1 was more comfortable for longer rides after about an hour on the R1 my back was on fire
I think I could not handle any of the super sport bikes, just for that reason. My daily commute is 80 miles. I needed something that didn't need a couple trips to the gas station each day.

· Registered
10,265 Posts
ST1300, it will do all you want and make it like 350+miles a tank!
Congrats on the sell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.