Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not those bags.... :) Your saddle and rack bags.
Got this rack bag off craigslist for $60 and the saddlebags came with the bike.
As someone here pointed out , my bike looks like a pack mule with all the bags on it. Just going to use the rack bags for camping, etc..

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
i got national cycle hard bags on my vtx.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I went with the cheap Mutazu hard bags. They were under $150 shipped, and I fabbed up my own mounts.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
These old Willie & Max saddlebags (see sig pic) were on the bike when I bought it.

They are the absolutely perfect size for fitting nothing but loose items. :D
Notebooks, laptops, or anything else I need for work have to go in the backpack.

But they are tough. No complaints there.

When I tour, I strap a duffel to the sissy bar/rack so I'm not short on room. I'll keep them for now replace them with something bigger when I get around to it.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
You can put a decimal point in front of your $60 for my bags. ;)

Found this great nylon soft set of bags (not sure what they are) at a garage sale and knew they would make great saddlebags. Added an aluminum trim bracket to my frame rail that can swing down and act as a support, or just a grab rail when not in use. Modified the bags slightly so they snap on and off at front and back with anchor points (quick snaps like you find on backpacks). Whole process takes 30 seconds to get on and off. Used parts on hand so out of pocket was about 50 cents.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Unless you don't stray far from home, bags are nice to have! Mine are Honda factory bags.
Dan

·
Registered
139 Posts
No, not those bags.... :) Your saddle and rack bags.
Got this rack bag off craigslist for $60 and the saddlebags came with the bike.
As someone here pointed out , my bike looks like a pack mule with all the bags on it. Just going to use the rack bags for camping, etc..

sweet ride ;) and sweet deal.

W and M on mine from PO. I am hunting a nice size sissy bag for camping/class.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Willie and Max bags, custom-cut rubbermaid containers inside for stability, $25 from a work buddy.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Talisman Plain Slant, made right here in Southwestern Ontario ($100 tax in)... Brackets from EBAY $40 shipped... daughter, priceless, not included.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm still waiting on mine to arrive this thursday (pics will be forthcoming) but I've got Saddleman teardrop shock cut out bags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts